Ratings for Dr. Lanabeth Barkhouse

I love doctor barkhouse. She always takes time to fully hear me out. She doesn't like to overprescribe and has said this to me herself. Before she will put anything in your body, she makes sure you actually need it which is refreshing these days. She's very thorough. I feel lucky to have her in PEI where people have many complaints about their doctors. I usually get appointments the same week I call and don't have long waits in the waiting room. The NP is very kind and knowledgeable. She will ask Dr Barkhouse immediately and is not too proud to say she needs her advice on something. I love the team work. I'm a little confused about some of the negative reviews on Elsa. She's so nice and always enjoys my kids in the office. Asks how we're doing and knows our names easily. It feels like she really knows my family which is nice. Always greets with a smile. Elsa is fantastic in my opinion. She's also quick to get back with a phone call when you send an email. The email option is also another her one of my favorite things about this office. It makes getting through to the office a non issue when phone lines are tied up. I've been seeing Dr Barkhouse for 15 years and have never had one issue with my care or my family's care.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Barkhouse is the only doctor who has ever listened to me and didn't just rush me out the door with a new prescription. She has always been patient and kind and went out of her way to finally give me a difficult diagnosis after years of no answers. She listens to her patients and she does not get her back up if you have a suggestion or ask about alternative treatments. Elsa has always been very professional and kind to me and I've had great success with her NP Laurie too. Honestly, I LOVE Dr. Barkhouse.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Unprofessional attitude. Didn't listen or treat me with empathy. Gave me a prescription for pain killers, but no physical exam. Later had to go to emergency as symptoms got intense. Terrible experience

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

An excellent combination of impeccable professionalism and genuine care and concern.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Great doctor with a great team providing excellent care

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr.Barkhouse is very kind and helpful. She always takes the time to truly listen to you. It's very refreshing to have a doctor who doesn't just throw meds at you, and who makes great suggestions for other alternatives. I started looking online about others experiences after I had with an appointment mix up today. I've come across quite a few posts in other forums as well as on here, and I must say that I'm not overly surprised to see others have had issues with her secretary as well. I've had a few times where I've felt quite judged and disrespected by her, which is the last thing you want to feel at a doctor's office. Other than that minor issue, I feel lucky to have Dr Barkhouse as our doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

I am not a fan of Elsa .. Butdr Barkhouse is great

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Great doctor, awesome personality, easy to get along with and talk to. She gets to the point very well, great at explaining things. I used to have to take people with me to the drs to help me understand medical terms an so on but I don't need to with Dr. Barkhouse she's just a great doctor all around. I'm blessed to have gotten her for a family doctor for my son and I. Hoping at some point she can take on my soon to be husband as well. Thank you for all the help you give me Dr. Lana Barkhouse ! Your the perfect family doctor! Xo

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Great doctor! Always a pleasure to visit! Great staff!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr.Barkhouse is wonderful. She always takes the time to chat with you and genuinely cares about her patience. Her secretary can be short and rude by times by still does her job for the most part.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014