Ratings for Dr. Ira D. Papel

I am a 52 year old man and I've had nasal problems as far as I can remember. Prior to seeing Dr. Papel I had two previous nose related surgeries with limited to no change whatsoever. After meeting with Dr. Papel he quickly explained why I had been experiencing my problems and how he could fix it. Excellent bedside manner, and a great person and an outstanding surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I went dr Papel because he is well known in this area. I did a surgery to remove fat under my chin. After the surgery I notice that some area are puffy then the other side, he gave me a several steroids injection to fix it, didn't help, then he offers a injection that melting the fat, the result was worst, and he suggested to do a treatment named infinity that course me burns in my sides under the ears, I wish that I was smarter and pay attention to the reviews here before I went to him. No doubt that I need another surgery to fix it,

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I have used other plastic surgeons in the past, but Dr. Papel really stands out. He is very professional, extremely knowledgeable and really personable. He takes his time with every patient and goes to great length to explain the desired procedure. Of course every patient is concerned about the outcome of their surgery but I can assure you that Dr. Papel produces remarkable results. Dr. Papel performed rhinoplasties for both my son and daughter and the results were truly amazing. He did exactly what he said he would do and I couldn’t have been more pleased. And it’s no surprise that his staff is just as professional, courteous and friendly. I can’t say enough about my wonderful experience with Dr. Papel and his office staff. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr. Papel gave me a rhinoplasty for a deviated septum in May 2015. The entire staff and overall process could not have been better! Dr.Papel will take the time to answer any and all questions. I am an RN and It was easy to see he is very knowledgeable and not only discusses in detail the surgical changes that will be made but he also uses digital imaging so you can see how the final result will look. He did an AMAZING job and I could not be happier with the results!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr Papel gave me an eyelift in 2007 and he has just given me a facelift, Dec 2015. There is no one else I would even consider going to. I am absolutely thrilled with him. And his practice.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

He apparently doesn't even do your surgery (especially if it has anything to do with your eyes), a fellow or resident (which is a doctor in training) does. Also has been sued several times, with a judgement against him in the case of Cyrus vs. Papel. Do some serious research before you even think about letting this guy operate on you.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I am an RN of 30+ years, I chose carefully and am very pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I did not want a generic kind of plastic surgeon that had general experience. What I needed done on my face was considered major surgery, therefore I wanted a skilled surgeon but equally important, I wanted a surgeon who appreciated and was talented in the ‘art’ of the procedure. I did not want to look like a different person, I wanted to look like an ‘improved me’. I learned of Dr. Papel through a firend who lives in Austin, Texas. Her very successful experience with a surgeon who performed a facelift, brow lift, lower blepharoplasty, fat augmentaion, botox, and lazer to improve her 59 year old face that looked ‘angry and tired’ prompted me to aske her if she would ask her surgeon if he could recommend an equally qualified surgeon located on the east coast. Remarkably, he recommended Dr. Papel based on his knowledge of Dr. Papels’ stellar reputation in the industry. Like my friend…I cannot be MORE thrilled with the outcome (procedure done on Dec 1, 2014))….Dr. Papal is certainly a talented and skilled surgeon but he is also an artist. I love the results in everything he did….He kept me looking just like me only 10-12 years younger. I no longer look tired and angry but instead I look like a refreshed me! His people skills are excellent, he makes eye contact and speaks directly to you and he listens, he does not push the ‘sale’ but instead lays out the facts and the options with enough science in the discussion to help one appreciate the magnitude of the effort. I have thoroughly enjoyed being Dr. Papel’s patient and highly recommend him for any facial surgery one may be considering.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I had a neck lift right before thanksgiving 2014 and I am very happy 6 weeks later. The staff was always helpful and the doctor gas always been on time no waiting for my follow up appointments. Everyone says I look great and I love the new me.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I had a Rhinoplasty in November 2012 and started having MAJOR complications after a month for two years. After visiting about 3-4 top surgeons in MD/VA I was referred to Dr. Papel. OMG!!!! Dr. papel is an AMAZING doctor. I went to see Dr. Papel and all I can say is he was AMAZING AND SOOOOOOO CARING when I was explaining my situation to him. He listened very well to what I had to say and literally spent one hour with me explaining and drawing things and actually discovered some stuff that none of the other surgeons noticed. After I left his office I was completely aware and understood the problems and what needed to be done to make me feel better :). I decided to move forward with Dr. Papel because he was so knowledgeable compare to all the other surgeons that I have visited. He was also the ONLY doctor who actually cared about fixing the problems I was having for the past 2 years and making me happy. I had my surgery (Revised rhinoplasty, Nasal Valve Reconstruction, septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction, Auricular Cartilage Graft) November of this year, 2014. OMG let’s not forget about the staff!!!! Kristi was sooooooo helpful and was such a sweetheart and made herself available to me anytime I had questions /concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Papel to anyone who needs a rhinoplasty/revision rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Ira D. Papel's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)