Ratings for Dr. Ira D. Papel

I had rhinoplasty a few years ago at another practice in hopes to not only fix my deviated septum but to also make it look better. Fast forward 5 years later and neither of those things had been corrected to my liking. I found Dr. Papel by doing a simple google search for plastic surgeons who specialized in revision rhinoplasty. My consultation went better than imagined. I was really more concerned with the way my nose looked and he took the time to tell me that there was more internal issues than I even knew about and that was awesome to me. He really cared that I could breathe as best as I could. The fact that he could fix the way it looked cosmetically was just an added plus! I am so happy that I found him!! I am only one week post-op but I couldn't be happier with my experience so far. Not only is Dr. Papel friendly and personable but he was so knowledgeable and really took the time to make sure I got the best results possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Papel and his awesome staff! I am looking forward to being able to breathe and look my best self :)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Aesthetic and functional disaster. He destroyed my nose. Inside and out. Removed so much cartilage and bone it’s collapsing. I can’t breathe. Can’t stand the sight of my face. Don’t stop pass go... run away is right!!!! Run.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I had my rhinoplasty with Dr. Papel in Oct. 2017. I was very hesitant as I do not like the idea of blood/surgery/etc. My first consultation for rhinoplasty was with Dr. Papel. Photos of my nose were taken from all angles and Dr. Papel went into a very thorough explanation of the steps he would take for my procedure. I could instantly tell that Dr. Papel was very knowledgable and experienced in the procedure. Shortly after, Dr. Papel provided me with simulated images and answered all of my questions via email. It was comforting knowing I could reach him at any time with questions. I had a second consultation shortly after with another physical (although I knew I was going with Dr. Papel). I was highly unimpressed and felt even more confident that Dr. Papel was a leader in the field. I almost did not go through with it due to nerves. The day of the surgery was seamless. I did not have excessive bleeding or swelling. My bruising was gone in a little over two weeks (and could be covered up after the first). I am beyond pleased with my nose. It looks even better than the simulation that I got before the surgery. What I like the most about my nose is that it was a subtle change, yet it made a whole world of a difference. I feel so much more confident about the way I look. I cannot praise Dr. Papel more-- wonderful job and I could not be happier that I went with him. He is truly a very skilled physician and would recommend him to any and everyone I know looking to get a rhinoplasty procedure.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

I would not recommend Dr. Papel any cosmetic surgery. He’s a great marketer. Assembly line operation. You have been warned.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Papel is truly a wonderful physician and has transformed my life. I originally went for a consultation (2 actually) in 2016 and waited a year before I finally mustered the courage to go through with the procedure. I was very nervous on surgery day, but he and his staff (particularly Melanie) did everything they could to calm me down and reassure me. Before I knew it, the procedure was complete and recovery had begun. That week was a long one, but Dr. Papel was there whenever I needed his help. One week later, splints out and I am floored with the results. I don't know why I was so fearful and waited so long. When undergoing a procedure like this, it is important to remember that function is just as important as cosmetics. You have to choose your surgeon carefully. If you want an exceptionally skilled physician, consider Dr. Papel. Even if it is a several hour drive, it is worth it, knowing you will have an excellent outcome, form and function. I had almost no pain or swelling after surgery as I had expected and there is no doubt this was due to skilled technique and careful approach during surgery. I highly recommend you consider Dr. Papel. For years, from childhood and into adulthood, people were often cruel about the structure and appearance of my nose. No longer, I look and feel great!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Papel. I had trauma to my nose about and year and a half ago and was unhappy with how I looked. I was still hesitant to go forward with surgery, especially with something that can have such a dramatic effect on your appearance. I had several consultations for rhinoplasty and he was the first and only doctor that I felt comfortable with. He was extremely patient and understanding and explained every step of the procedure to me. The day of the surgery came, I had very little if any post op discomfort. And my nose looks great! I look like myself and the results are very natural. I could not have had a better experience and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Rhinoplasty. Stay away. Far far away. Not worth it. He seems patient and presents as if listening to patient needs but pushes his thoughts. It's not about patient. Check out his noses. Even if he doesn't share them. Leave.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Had eyelid surgery. Surgery went very well. Great results.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Considering rhinoplasty and blepharplasty with Dr. Papel. Very kind man who does not push you to get additional procedures. He has a lot of knowledge and expertise in his field which shows when he simply explains what he will do with your face.

Submitted June 24, 2017

I am a 52 year old man and I've had nasal problems as far as I can remember. Prior to seeing Dr. Papel I had two previous nose related surgeries with limited to no change whatsoever. After meeting with Dr. Papel he quickly explained why I had been experiencing my problems and how he could fix it. Excellent bedside manner, and a great person and an outstanding surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Dr. Ira D. Papel's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)