Ratings for Dr. Ira D. Papel

Rhinoplasty. Stay away. Far far away. Not worth it. He seems patient and presents as if listening to patient needs but pushes his thoughts. It's not about patient. Check out his noses. Even if he doesn't share them. Leave.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Had eyelid surgery. Surgery went very well. Great results.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Septorhino. Don't do it. Horrible result. Ugly. Unnatural. Not in balance. No facial harmony. Wanted to keep natural. Determined to make changes I didn't want. He made them Horrible result.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Sept/rhinoplasty. Rushes your procedure instead of taking time to prepare a relunctant patient. Gets annoyed. Recommends procedures not based on your cosmetic concerns. I agree with other poster - have a witness. Wish I did my research before my surgery. Need corrective surgery to fix. Breathing is 10 times worse after septo.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Rhinoplasty. Be very clear what you want and dont want, get it in writing, and have a witness. Be sure to check out his style before you let him touch your nose. Biggest mistake of my life. He likes his style. He will carve and suture you to ugly. You will look very plastic.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Considering rhinoplasty and blepharplasty with Dr. Papel. Very kind man who does not push you to get additional procedures. He has a lot of knowledge and expertise in his field which shows when he simply explains what he will do with your face.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

He is arrogant. Has an aesthetic he pushes on you. As other reviewers have said he ruins your looks. Doesn't listen to patients. Stay away or go in understanding he will press for plastic, make you think you need it but not cosmetic and do whatever he wants to your face. Don't let him near your face. Buyer beware.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Left worse off. Doesn't own up to his mistakes. Need another revision surgery to correct his mistakes. He did what he wanted. His aesthetic is awful. My poor nose. My beauty gone. Didn't expect this nose at all. Shocked

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

I am a 52 year old man and I've had nasal problems as far as I can remember. Prior to seeing Dr. Papel I had two previous nose related surgeries with limited to no change whatsoever. After meeting with Dr. Papel he quickly explained why I had been experiencing my problems and how he could fix it. Excellent bedside manner, and a great person and an outstanding surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I went dr Papel because he is well known in this area. I did a surgery to remove fat under my chin. After the surgery I notice that some area are puffy then the other side, he gave me a several steroids injection to fix it, didn't help, then he offers a injection that melting the fat, the result was worst, and he suggested to do a treatment named infinity that course me burns in my sides under the ears, I wish that I was smarter and pay attention to the reviews here before I went to him. No doubt that I need another surgery to fix it,

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Dr. Ira D. Papel's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)