Ratings for Dr. Ira D. Papel

Dr. Papel gave me a rhinoplasty for a deviated septum in May 2015. The entire staff and overall process could not have been better! Dr.Papel will take the time to answer any and all questions. I am an RN and It was easy to see he is very knowledgeable and not only discusses in detail the surgical changes that will be made but he also uses digital imaging so you can see how the final result will look. He did an AMAZING job and I could not be happier with the results!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr Papel gave me an eyelift in 2007 and he has just given me a facelift, Dec 2015. There is no one else I would even consider going to. I am absolutely thrilled with him. And his practice.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

He apparently doesn't even do your surgery (especially if it has anything to do with your eyes), a fellow or resident (which is a doctor in training) does. Also has been sued several times, with a judgement against him in the case of Cyrus vs. Papel. Do some serious research before you even think about letting this guy operate on you.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I am an RN of 30+ years, I chose carefully and am very pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I did not want a generic kind of plastic surgeon that had general experience. What I needed done on my face was considered major surgery, therefore I wanted a skilled surgeon but equally important, I wanted a surgeon who appreciated and was talented in the ‘art’ of the procedure. I did not want to look like a different person, I wanted to look like an ‘improved me’. I learned of Dr. Papel through a firend who lives in Austin, Texas. Her very successful experience with a surgeon who performed a facelift, brow lift, lower blepharoplasty, fat augmentaion, botox, and lazer to improve her 59 year old face that looked ‘angry and tired’ prompted me to aske her if she would ask her surgeon if he could recommend an equally qualified surgeon located on the east coast. Remarkably, he recommended Dr. Papel based on his knowledge of Dr. Papels’ stellar reputation in the industry. Like my friend…I cannot be MORE thrilled with the outcome (procedure done on Dec 1, 2014))….Dr. Papal is certainly a talented and skilled surgeon but he is also an artist. I love the results in everything he did….He kept me looking just like me only 10-12 years younger. I no longer look tired and angry but instead I look like a refreshed me! His people skills are excellent, he makes eye contact and speaks directly to you and he listens, he does not push the ‘sale’ but instead lays out the facts and the options with enough science in the discussion to help one appreciate the magnitude of the effort. I have thoroughly enjoyed being Dr. Papel’s patient and highly recommend him for any facial surgery one may be considering.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I had a neck lift right before thanksgiving 2014 and I am very happy 6 weeks later. The staff was always helpful and the doctor gas always been on time no waiting for my follow up appointments. Everyone says I look great and I love the new me.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

I had a Rhinoplasty in November 2012 and started having MAJOR complications after a month for two years. After visiting about 3-4 top surgeons in MD/VA I was referred to Dr. Papel. OMG!!!! Dr. papel is an AMAZING doctor. I went to see Dr. Papel and all I can say is he was AMAZING AND SOOOOOOO CARING when I was explaining my situation to him. He listened very well to what I had to say and literally spent one hour with me explaining and drawing things and actually discovered some stuff that none of the other surgeons noticed. After I left his office I was completely aware and understood the problems and what needed to be done to make me feel better :). I decided to move forward with Dr. Papel because he was so knowledgeable compare to all the other surgeons that I have visited. He was also the ONLY doctor who actually cared about fixing the problems I was having for the past 2 years and making me happy. I had my surgery (Revised rhinoplasty, Nasal Valve Reconstruction, septoplasty, Turbinate Reduction, Auricular Cartilage Graft) November of this year, 2014. OMG let’s not forget about the staff!!!! Kristi was sooooooo helpful and was such a sweetheart and made herself available to me anytime I had questions /concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Papel to anyone who needs a rhinoplasty/revision rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

First I want to say DO your research and do not place location as a limitation on cosmetic surgery. I am a man in my forties and this is a surgery I considered for over 20 years. Also, get several consultations and don't base your decision strictly on cost either. This was going to be a permanent change so I did my research and found Dr. Papel who was located two hours from my home. Dr. Papel performed Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, Turbinate reduction and Nasal Valve repair on me. I had the surgery performed for both breathing purposes and cosmetic purposes. As far as the rhinoplasty, he removed the hump and straightened my nose. Due to a childhood injury, I had a nostril that was almost completely closed which made the nose extremely asymmetric. It has only been 5 weeks since my surgery and I am very pleased with the results. I had an open procedure and the scar has almost completely faded. Keep in mind, l results for the surgery will not be final for at least a year. I am now able to breath out of both nostrils. As far as visually, the improvement is amazing. Dr. Papel is very nice, knowledgable and very accessible. During my consultation, he uses diagrams and clearly details everything that needs corrected or improved. I met with him several times before I decided to get the surgery. He even met with me the day before my surgery to help put me at ease. Also, the office and medical staff were very nice and accommodating. The day of surgery , Dr. Papel met with me before the surgery which helped calm the nerves. Also, the medical staff was amazing. Very calming and very supportive. I really liked that he has onsite surgery facilities at his office. I would highly recommend Dr. Papel and would have no problem sharing my personal experience.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Ira Papel is an Outstanding Physician/Surgeon! Let me say, with no reservations, Dr. Papel is a compassionate surgeon with a great bedside manner. I had a lot of questions. He was very down to earth, respected what I had to say, and really listened; never made me feel rushed. He uses the newest techniques and products. Dr. Papel has his own operating and recovery rooms. All the staff are very professional and efficient. The operating room nurses are fantastic and all made sure to see to my comfort. Follow-up was coordinated with a medical aesthetician. Now 3 months post-surgery, my more youthful look matches my attitude and I frequently receive the RIGHT kind of compliments, i.e., "Did you just come back from a vacation? You look so rested." Dr. Papel’s vast knowledge and experience will give you amazing results. He is a very gifted surgeon who does exceptional work. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Dr. Papel. Go for a consult; you'll be convinced. It was a rewarding experience!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr Papel did a fantastic job on my rhinoplasty. I told him exactly what I wanted and he delivered just that. His staff was kind, accommodating, and extremely professional. The whole process was seamless, including the post-op check-ups that I continue to have. I have never waited to be seen- sometimes Dr Papel even saw me earlier than my scheduled appointment if I arrived to the office early. I could not be happier to have used Dr Papel for this surgery and highly recommend him to anyone looking to be under the care of such a great surgeon and staff!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Dr. Ira D. Papel's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)