Ratings for Dr. Walter F. Combs

He advertises himself as an "Urgent Care" physician. We went in there with a minor injury, expecting a quick evaluation and service. Instead, we had to sit there with a clerk, who typed our answers to a computer' s questions - numbering in the hundreds (this is no exaggeration). These questions covered every aspect of life that I could imagine. We spent 3 hours there (again, no exaggeration). Before we left, he sent referrals to other specialists and made another appointment with him. That isn't what we wanted but this was what his office required of us - all for a substantial bill.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I've been a patient of Dr. Walter Combs for 5 years and sadly have finally given up on him as my doctor. He is too rushed and simply doesn't have enough time for his patients. He is a very sharp guy so I hope someday he will consider not taking on anymore patients so he can help the ones he has. For the last several appointments he has spent about five minutes at most with some very complex problems. He is not the doctor for you if you have more than one problem at a time. Just no time for more than one. It is sad because I believe he is talented. Dr. Combs, if by some miracle you find time to read this review, I have to ask you: How can you diagnose correctly if you don't have time to hear all the symptoms? And once you do diagnose, how can you help if you are so rushed you forget to order tests or write a prescription and you hand the patient the wrong paper work as you did with me. I have spent years working in the medical field and understand being busy but you need to curb this! I am very saddened to see a very knowledgeable, capable and talented doctor so hurting for time that his patients aren't getting the care they need. It really doesn't matter if the doctor is excellent if he doesn't have time enough for his patients. I have experienced absolutely no follow through. I've told myself, well he is very busy but it has happened so many times that I have wondered if you, Dr. Combs, really care or if you are just running a corporation. I have for five years given you the benefit of the doubt but I just can't anymore. I truly believe Dr. Combs you are a good guy that cares but I need a doctor that is in the room when I am. Wakeup Dr. Combs! Work with one patient at a time. You duck in and out so much there is no continuity in the appointment and that makes it very difficult for patients to keep you on tract. Sometimes even before I get out the door I've had to remind the front desk that you said you would order a certain test or were going to write a prescription or referral. I wanted to talk to you before I gave up. The last straw was: I phoned and asked if you could call me back and was told " he doesn't have time! " No kidding. Now you have one less patient. I hope it will help.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

eww

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Very rushed. Came in for an ongoing SERIOUS issue (severe headaches and back pain)....he always cut me off as I was explaining issues/possibilities/symptoms to him. I was in and out in 5 mins or less with a losey piece of paper with exercises to do....after I told him I stretch everyday......worst expierence of my life....drs like this are the reason why I wait sooo long to get because its usually useless to go to the drs.....I feel like I wasted his time......and this isnt the first expierence like this at rancho family medical group......

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr Walter Combs has been our family Dr for 23 years. You do not have a rating high enough for him or his staff. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, helpful and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Always feel rushed. Does not take time to get to know his patients. Been going for awhile and never remembers anyone from our family or anything about our treatments.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Combs has been my doctor since I was 10, and now he is my daughters doctor too. He is thorough and personal. He really cares about his patients health, physical, mental, and spiritual. He worked with me when I didnt have insurance to make sure I got the care I needed at a price that was affordable to me. His staff is friendly and courteous. I can always get an appointment same day.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. combs is a terrific health professional. he takes time with you and makes sure you are clear about how best to treat whatever condition you have. i have several friends who also feel very comfortable with Dr. combs. Great doctor !

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

Took care of my son when we thought he had appendicitis! Thank God he did not have it. Great doctor. He does medical mission work in Haiti too. he is an honest and trustworthy doctor.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Great doctor. Always takes care of all my medical problems.Very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

Dr. Walter F. Combs's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Temecula, CA