You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Brett Dunlop

I haven't had surgery yet but didn't want to bring the score down. I'd like to hear from some people who have had the decompression surgery. What were the results around 5+ weeks? Thanks

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

After my family physician sent a referral to Dr. dunlop ' s office, I called to see if I could schedule an appointment. I got an appointment date within 3 week. I live in KW and the wait times here just for a consult is about 1 year!. At my appointment I saw Lisa who was very knowledgeable. She knew right off the bat that I was going to need surgery. I have had back pain on and off for 5+ years with it worsening every time. I had a herniated disc in my lower right back. I could not straighten my leg or put any pressure on it while standing or sleeping. Within 3 weeks I was back for surgery with Dr. Dunlop. The outcome has been life changing. I noticed a difference right after surgery, and am now 3 weeks postop with no pain whatsoever. My dad also had the same surgery performed a few months ago with Dr. Dunlop and his recovery has been remarkable. I highly suggest going to see Lisa and or Dr. Dunlop with any back concerns. So much knowledge!.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

I understand the need to give lower back/spine problems time to heal as they so often do. But after almost 6 months of excruciating pain and an MRI showing serious L5 S1 herniation Dr. Dunlop agreed to do decompression surgery . After I woke up from surgery there was immediate relief of pain. It has now been 10days since surgery and I just got back from a 3.7 km hike on the Bruce Trail. I am overjoyed at being able to do this so soon and have been pain free since surgery. I am very grateful to Dr.Dunlop for giving me back quality of life. You are the bestĺ

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Well, I too had a similar experience as those posted. Didn't talk to Dr so don't know him this is based on the assessment by physio. She jumped to conclusion when told her my initial surgeon didn't say much about most recent visit she took that as he thought was not surgical didn't seem to matter that he never said that and that he would wait to see the most recent mri that he ordered which looks worse than the one before first surgery. While he was leaving for a year the replacement would have a look but while waiting my gp suggested this guy. According to physio lady all I need is physio. I have spent over 35k on various forms of physio over the last decade some out of pocket up until the most recent issue I was doing well then surgery then I was great for six weeks and the. Downhill again. I have spasmsi fall sometimes when I can't feel my foot or the signal to move just gets losti cant sleep at night due to paintake a lot of drugs but nothing really seems to work. So well done dr

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I've been in constant pain for 8 yrs. All 5 lumbar discs damaged with s1 pinched leaving me with no feeling on outside of left leg and bad random sciatica pain. Finally got in to see Dr Dunlop and all he did was rub the insides of my legs after I told him the outside had no feeling (numbness and tingling) and the whole time I was in his room, he stared at himself inthe mirror like he was getting rready for a prom! If you have to wait longer than 5 months to see him, choose a different surgeon!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

I researched surgeons in Hamilton for the type of surgery I required before picking this surgeon. With a referral my appointment was only a 3 week wait. At my appointment with a copy of my MRI and an assessment I was deemed a candidate for surgery. Surgery times was booked for 2 weeks. Being a Health Care Professional myself I tried every non-invasive option possible to correct my problem with no avail. I will be getting l5 s1 Decompression.Staf and doctor were very courteous professional and accomadting!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Just came home from referral to this surgeon. What a waste of time! After 2 ER visit's and 11 days of pain and inability to wt bear on left leg, you think he might want to help with the problem. I had a fall and have had pain ever since. He didn't even ask what or if I was on meds for pain. He just proceeded to touch the area I complained of pain and said I should be able to weight bear with zimmer splint after he looked at the xrays I told him were available to him. Then proceeds to order MRI and told me I could wait 2 months for that. The problem is now, not 2 months from now. No bedside manner, told him I was a Registered Nurse and not the average layman, he didn't care and didn't care about my acute injury. I'd be damned if he is going to operate on me and would not recommend his services or lack of to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Dr. Brett Dunlop's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I haven't had surgery yet but didn't want to bring the score down. I'd like to hear from some people who have had the decompression surgery. What were the re..."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After my family physician sent a referral to Dr. dunlop ' s office, I called to see if I could schedule an appointment. I got an appointment date within 3 wee..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Not much help Lisa seems nice guess I will just have to live in crippling pain with no resolution in the near future so thank you"

February 23, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dunlop is a scum bag and his dirty assistant is a waiste I have been in crippling pain for almost 6 months with no help I have no benifits and have been liv..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "reality is bad results , i have done one surgery now i am again in pain and paralysed"

December 28, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Lisa is effective and Dr. Dunlop researches all angles before opting for surgery."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I understand the need to give lower back/spine problems time to heal as they so often do. But after almost 6 months of excruciating pain and an MRI showing seri..."

November 4, 2014