Ratings for Dr. William Gannon

Dr. Gannon has been my mother's doctor for years. I went to his office today for my mother's appointment (she's 90), and I found Dr. Gannon to be a lovely man. He was very kind and patient with my mother. Listened to her concerns and we didn't feel rushed at all. He's not a pill-pusher but will prescribe when needed, or refer you to a specialist. I left feeling glad that my mother is under this doctor's care, and she is valued as a human being, not just another patient.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr Gannon has been the absolute best doctor for myself and my entire family. He always makes small talk, is never in a rush to push you out, and listens to all of your concerns. If u have any dought about something he will refer you to a specialty doctor no questions asked. The front desk lady on the other hand is rude. She is rude on the phone and worse in person. She doesn't smile and it almost makes her more rude if you are happy and polite. Keep it as short as possible with the secretary and don't ask questions and u should be fine.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Doctor Gannon was a long time doctor of my mother Yvonne and I can't say enough about this doctor. He was more then just a doctor. He was a support for her and for me. When it was time for long term care she had always wanted to be in her home. He helped where necessary. He made her feel special coming for home visits to check on her. When she passed he came to say goodbye and reminded me that she lived a little longer because of me fulfilling her wishes of staying in her home. I'm grateful to Dr. Gannon. Thankful he shared our journey.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for years. Once upon a time he was a very good one. However his staff has always been rude and unhelpful. Lately his wait times gave become ridiculous and I don't know why because he certainly doesn't spend time with his patients. After two separate missed diagnosis and having to pretty much stamp my feet for a much needed referral, I have had it. I am done I will never set foot in this man's office again. If you really care about your health you need look elsewhere. He is beyond his prime and should retire before he seriously causes done harm!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

I've been with this doctors for the last 8 years now. I do not like the secretary, she is very rude, unappreciable, and provides the worst customer service. another problem, is the long waiting time that can take about 1 hour. they're scheduling is just inefficient.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Called office asking about an appointment and was hung up on called back and they wouldn't pick up.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr.Gannon has been my doctor for 25 years. I have found him to be unfailingly friendly and polite. I have never seen him 'drinking' nor do I care if he has a drink. He has a sound knowledge of family practice and is quick to refer to a specialist if he feels there is a need, and he has referred me when he determined there was a serious problem. I have never waited long for an appt or in his office to see him. He takes the time to talk to you and is very compassionate...his time is limited, as it is with all doctors, because he has other patients. The only complaint I have is that clerk Linda - she is horrible, unfriendly, argumentative for no reason etc...but I give Dr. Gannon a solid '5'.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Has been my GP for 20+ years. At 1st he was great. But as time goes by the care level has gone down. The wait times are unpredictable you can wait 1.5 hours or 5 min you never know. Always seems in a hurry and gets frustrated when he can't find information or a report you are referring to. My file is huge and I really don't think he knows me at all and god knows when he did a full review of my file. I have gone in requesting a physical as I have never had one and he sent me for blood work that turned up a couple of things but he never touched me. He prescribed meds but no follow up at all. That was 3 years ago. Was diagnosed with Fibro and that has become a dumping ground for everything, had to threaten to sue for follow up on an ongoing issue that Fibro was blamed for and it turned out it was something else and I needed major surgery! Mrs. Gannon does work in the office and is usually rude. He is good for quick prescriptions or referrals but not there for support at all.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

I've been with this doctor for over 20 years and sadly I must say that i may be changing soon.  First,yes, his wife does absolutely work at his office!  She answers phones and does secretary work.  I think that this is a mistake since she makes people feel uncomfortable.  2- When you see the doctor expect to wait about an hour and the time you talk to him to be under 5 minutes.  3- he's really good at making referrals,   if you push, he will refer you to someone who can help you.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

Dr. Gannon is a very good Doctor! Just because you are a Doctor doesn't mean you can't have a drink. It's not like Sarnia is a huge city. Ups n Downs is the place to go for many of us! Who cares if he unwinds with a drink after work. GET OVER IT! He's a great Doc in my books!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011