Ratings for Dr. Saibal Nandy

I was more suicidal after his appointments than I was going in to them. He was told the meds he was giving me were making me sick but he would change them maybe because he didn't listen to anything I would try and tell him. The longest I was ever in his office was 8 minutes he was usually writing your prescription as you entered or it was already on his desk. He is hands down 100% the most useless, rude and self absorbed P.O.S. I have ever met.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I had been seeing Dr. Nandy for roughly six years. I became frustrated with lack of progress and he told me I just wasn't trying hard enough. It turns out I have been struggling over half of my life with ADHD. My family doctor was able to piece it all together, something Dr. Nandy was unable to do in that many years because he simply did not listen to me when I would tell him the treatment I was getting wasn't working.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Dr. Nandy is an excellent doctor who listens, offers sound advice and doesn't over medicate. I was misdiagnosed by another psychiatrist in Medicine Hat who also super drugged me. She made things much worse for me. Thankfully, my medical doctor referred me to Dr. Nandy who has helped me immensely by guiding me to understand myself and overcoming the obstacles that were holding me back. A first rate psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

After six years with Doctor Nandy, he encouraged me to fire him. He told me I just wanted to sit around and get rich with the money social services will give me, that that will never happen anyway, and that my anxiety is an excuse. He abandoned me, berated me and shamed my condition. The conversation plays over and over in my head. I feel ashamed, I am a financial burden and cannot get my life together. I am now ashamed to ask for help because people will think that my life goal is to live an unfulfilling existence below the poverty line. Doctor Nandy gave up on me, and I would have given up years ago already, but I don't have that luxury.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Most uncompassionate "professional" I have EVER crossed paths with

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

The only good thing about him is his secretary I had to put 1 star for staff because of who she works for. Dr. Nandy is one of the few doctors that will have your prescription written before you even say a word. When he does ask whats happening he will keep cutting you off mid-sentence and what he does have to say is usually rude and well beyond the boundaries of what a doctor should say to any patient ever! When you do tell him he is out of line he laughs and says you don't have to see me I can call your insurance and let them know your better. I am currently in the process of reporting him and his actions to Alberta Health. If anyone is ever referred to him don't go ask for another doctor because this man does far more harm than good.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Nore interested in witing prescriptions. Cut my husband off when he was speaking and wrote a new prescription... Way to help someone

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Worst Dr. experience ever. I have been self medicating for years for ADD after several severely failed attempts at the standard ADD drugs. Dr Nandy refused acknowledge this self medicating in any of his diagnosis. Therefore he was able to determine that because I had found a way to cope through life and be successful I could not have the symptoms I experience when not medicated. He refused to look at the any of the information I brought him of test studies related to my self medication. He had no answer to how he would diagnose a patient who had successfully used ADD drugs as they also would not show any symptoms. A grade 5 science student has been taught about the importance of control questions to eliminate variables in a basic science experiment. How could a person with a medical license not understand this basic principle. He had his opinion set before I walked into the office because my referring dr. would have informed him of the self medication. He was rude, highly misinformed and opinionated and at the end of our meeting actually threatening with "You should be thankful that I don't write a diagnosis for substance abuse and who knows where that will go". Thankfully I have found a Dr. that would research facts and and listen to my personal experiences and have been able to have many noticeable improvements in my health.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

My concerns were ignored. He was constantly discrediting my own experiences and telling me what he believed them to be, as though he knew me better than I knew myself. I was so medicated that I felt like a zombie and I didn't want to do anything at all. He would not approve financial assistance while I was going through treatment and unable to work. I stopped seeing him a year ago because I saw that I would not receive the personalized care nor support that I needed. Today I am still struggling and have not had an income for two years due to my crippling anxiety.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Excellent Doctor, great with patients and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012