Ratings for Dr. Craig McKinley, Deceased

A kind doctor. He was expedient, competent and professional throughout the colonoscopy procedure. Would recommend the Reimer Clinic.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

This guy runs a colonoscopy farm. Everyone who went in (all 20 ppl ahead of me) came out needing a colonoscopy. He recommended one for me even though I'm not in the risk category. A second opinion confirmed that it was not required for my medical condition. Do not waste your time with this guy or the Reimer clinic in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

I was referred to the Reimer clinic for a consult on colonoscopy. Met Dr. McKinley and was not impressed. Couldn't look me in the eye, was scratching at his leg like an animal, with his pant leg up around his knee the whole time he was talking "at me". He reached across without warning and just squeezed my stomach as I was sitting in a chair talking to him. He left me with a bad feeling. So, I looked him up - he's had a lot of issues in his life - just google him. I will not be returning to him for my procedure.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Had a routine colonoscopy by this guy.He was unbelievably arrogant, had zero bedside manner,felt like a piece of meat when he was done.Would never recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

Most egotistical and arrogant man I have ever met. I heard he was a great surgeon so I put all that aside. He assured me the success rate of the surgery would be 99 percent. I got an infection. He seemed annoyed and was rude in his approach. I asked for another appointment in a couple months, he denied and said it wasn't needed. Surgery was unsuccessful. I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

His fine motor skills as a surgeon and knowledge of surgical procedures is fine but the guy is a cowboy in his approach, self righteous, cocky and arrogant. At least 5 friends have reported this same approach. When I asked him about any surgical risks he answered that he would bet his house on the lake «and it's a big house on the lake» that it would be done perfectly. Spare me the power plays dear. Maybe his involvement with NASA is more important than a simple patient. Being busy doen't excuse him from being late and unconcerned and impatient with you. I had a very bad infection that required hospitalisation 2 weeks after a cholycystectomy with him. Never saw or heard of him following surgery. Was scheduled for a colon scope sometime afterwards but I didn't feel comfortable with him since these procedures are very painful for me. Was referred to another MD. Slow down craig and smell the flowers.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

I dont think this doctor is at all egotistical and if even he is, a doctor as great as him has the right to be. I have had multiple colonscopy performed on me by him and everyone of them turned out great. I even took the time to research him a bit and this doctor has pretty much taught himself laparoscopy from scratch. He has even created an advanced laparoscopic program for any surgeons intersted in learing about it. SO basicly he is one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in North America and maybe even the world. Although you should also know that he is extremly busy and never wastes time didle dadiling.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Dr. McKinley performed lapriscopic gastric bypass surgery on me on April 14, 2009. I felt completely confident in his ability as a surgeon and he was open, honest and approachable. One month post op and I feel great. I am thankful that I had such a skilled professional perform this procedure on me.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009

Absolutely ridiculously egotistical, I was not cared for in the manner I felt was at all respectful of my situation.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

this doctor did colon surgery on me and I am more than happy with the results .I found him to be very open with me in explaining what to expect. he also did a hernia repair on me. He is the best.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2008