Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Smith

I have been seeing Dr Smith for about 10 years and she has been absolutely consistent over that time period. I trust her to manage my health and she has never let me down. What some people take as a poor bedside manner is actually a perfectly neutral professionalism. She is not there to sympathize, her job is to find the problem and get you on the best course of action as quickly as possible. My only minor annoyance is her unwillingness to refill prescriptions by phone, but on the plus side she is using those 6 month refill cycles as an opportunity to see her patient in person to confirm their condition, which is probably a good practice.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Hard to believe the people below are talking about my doctor. I find her to be thorough, concerned, willing to take time to listen to my concerns and dedicated to helping me be healthy. When she has referred me to a specialist it is because I needed to see a specialist. A family practitioner can't be expected to know the intricacies of every discipline, and frankly, if she has concerns about something that is going on with me, I would rather she sent me to a specialist for a consultation.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Careless doctor, always negative, she doesn't like her job niether people.staff are horrible. I won't reconnend this doctor at all

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

As other people said she seems that she doesn't like people and doesn't like her job you that you have to talk as fast as you can because she gives an impression that you are wasting her time also she is so negative you have to tell her what to do, I came to her over a year ago telling her that I have symptoms of problem in my heart but she didn't care at all a year after I discovered that I have a heart problem. My recommendation is go and find another family doctor and save your time

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I just changed family doctors and am quite happy now. I was not happy being a patient of Dr Smith. She has a horrible bed side manor, is always late and never smiles. I'm not looking for a best friend but I want to be more then a number. I want to be listened to and taken seriously. My time is just a valuable as hers. I too was referred out to a specialist and told that I was wasting their time. She's not a horrible person but she looks like a very unhappy person. She shouldn't be working with the public if she actually hates her job like she comes across.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Helpful? Outgoing? I beg to differ. Dr Smith is nice but she seems very cold! She's usually quite late and when you do see her she's like a vapour. You only see her for a few minutes and she tends to brush off your concerns. She also has a tendency of misdiagnosing or over-diagnosing patients. On multiple occasions she's given me diagnosis that were inaccurate. For instance, a few years back she told me that I had a hole in my heart and referred me to Sick kids hospital. I ended up seeing a specialist at Sick Kids hospital who confirmed otherwise. Although I was extremely happy that her diagnosis was incorrect, imagine the anxiety of finding out that you could possibly have a heart condition. Overall, Dr smith is Okay, I am in the process of finding another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Like others said found her manner unfriendly never smiled made me feel uncomfortble everytime i went brought up subjects not necessary for doctor office visit

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

This doctor is the worst i ever seen. Very terrible bed side manners, she never smiles, or look at you. always late and rushing you. She cares less about what you came there for however more happy to tell you the bad news. She is sometimes late up to 45 mins, however if ur late 5 mins, she reminds you of the charges. When i go to see her i feel worst than when i arrived. To this day she pass over the problems i complained about and order tests that she thinks i'm more predisposed to. Most of the current medical concerns thats bothering me i have to end up going to a wlak in clinic to get treatments, I feel so embarass. I'm now seking a another doctor per my own doctors suggestion..Terrible

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

I became a patient of Dr. Smith's a few years ago when I needed to find a family dr and she was taking on new patients. To be honest, she does not have very good bedside manor - I have gone to her with concerns in the past and felt that I get the brush off from her, or she ends up pulling out this huge binder to look up my symptoms, then sending you for tests that are unnecessary. Twice I've been referred to specialists and they ask me why my dr sent me to them when there was nothing wrong. I also needed a refill on a prescription that she constantly refills for me but she would not do it over the phone with a pharmacist - I had an appointment scheduled for a few weeks in advance, but I had to make an additional appointment just to get a prescription so that I wouldn't miss a dose. She is only in late 1 day per week which means I have to take time off work to go in and see her. I plan to switch doctors very soon and I don't feel she will miss me, but the feeling is mutual.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012