Ratings for Dr. Inge M. Vasovich

Was never able to get through on phone and would have to drive there to make an app't. Longest wait time to see her and then quickly dismissed with ridiculous advise. I was severely depressed - she told me to go to tanning beds because ea tan always makes you feel better. Another time there for same reason was told to buy lottery tickets because "money fixes everything". Always took several appointments for referrals and tests and then several more app'ts before bothering to open my chart at my insistence because having had a medical background myself I had to tell her what's what. She was there physically, but not mentally. I finally found a new physician a couple of years ago and it's a 100% improvement over her. Being her patient always stressed and frustrated me. I often left her office feeling baffled.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

have seen her since I was 2 years old and closed without contacting me. 40 some odd years with this doctor. My last physical was brutal and I asked repeatedly to see a Derm and she never referred me because she said the wait would be too long. Starting fresh cant wait

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

In April I suffered a trauma... I went in to Vasovich to talk about it and she told me that because I didn't report the crime, if it happens to another woman, it would be on my hands. As a social worker myself I could not believe that she would address this issue in such a way and it made me shut down....I did some Research on medications that help with nightmares with clients who have PTSD, and I made an appointment and she dismissed it and said no, that she doesn't know enough about it to Prescribe it. I begged because every time I slept I had terrible night terrors and it was making me suicidal and Finally she gave in and wrote it. It didn't help, once I got to Homewood they explained that Vasovich did not prescribe the medication for the intended use and that's why it wasn't working. After Homewood I continued to struggle,so I booked an app with my GP who I learned was suspended so there was a fill in doctor. I was so surprised to find that this doctor (Brenda Steinegal) listened to me and tried to come up with solutions. After about a month with Steinagal, despite her efforts to adjust my prazozin my nightmares were continuing. I did a lot of research and found that nabilone (canniboloid) worked for Some people. And before Homewood, I found that smoking a small amount of pot before bed decreased the severity of the nightmares but when I got to Homewood it wasn't allowed. So I brought the research of nabilone and PTSD related nightmares to Steinnegal and she reviewed it and said "hey, let's give it a shot and see if it helps" so she wrote it.. Within 3 weeks I was cured on nightmares. CURED. I only get them now if I miss a dose or if I've have a particularly hard day, or if I day sleep. This was a major victory but as I was getting therapy my suicidal thoughts began to increase, so I did more research, and again brought it to Steinnegal, and she then did her own research and thought it sounded like a good plan while I was waiting for a psychiatrist. She prescribed the low dose for ppl without bipolar and within two weeks I was more stable. The change was good, I wasn't cured but I didn't think about hanging myself all day, every day. So I took the lithium for a month and got the bloodwork and called Vasovich last Friday (her first week back, my last day of lithium on hand) and she told reception to tell Me she will not fill it and to come in on the Tuesday. That Tuesday was today. I went in, as soon as she walked into the room she sat down and said "today we are Talking about Homewood and their recommendations and prescriptions.. And I said I need to Talk about the lithium... She cut me off and said she won't give it to because I'm not bipolar and that I have to wait for a psychiatrist. I tried several times to explain how it was working. If she would have let me Speak I would have told her the success I had had, that since being cut off of it suddenly I have hallucinated twice, and have felt suicidal again. She would not let me explain myself, how can you assess a patient without listening to them?! I eventually felt so unheard and disrespected that I let my anger get the best of me and I raised my voice and told her that she was a terrible doctor and "go sleep with some more clients". But I don't say it so Eloquently... I said "go f*** some more of your clients." Completely lost my cool but Steinagel got me stabilized until I could get proper psychiatric help which Gave me hope, so Imagine my frustration when I learn that what has given me a glimmer of hope was not going to be refilled. When I left her office I was so upset I drove right to west 5th because I had an intake appointment there in the afternoon and I knew if I went home I was not safe... I met with the the mental health social worker, she agreed that it isn't right to just discontinue such a serious medication and that I needed to stay stable until I could see their psychiatrist in 2 weeks. So the social worker called to speak with Vasovich and was hung up on twice. On the 3rd try Vasoich finally spoke to her. The social worker explained to Vasovich that lithium Is commonly used for this and effective, and that she just needs to refill enough until I see the psychiatrist in 2 weeks. Vasovich finally agreed and told the advised she would call it in after her dictations. If Vasovich would have given me 5 Minutes to speak about my health we could have avoided this situation that ended up causing a terrible panic attack. The social worker at the hospital after speaking with Vasovich said that she believes that she doesn't listen because she couldn't complete a sentence without being interrupted. I have also contacted my Pyschologist who is assisting me in filing a formal complaint to the College of physicians about her insensitivity and her irresponsible care of patients with mental health issues.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

This Doctor is Terrible, completely lacking modern medical knowledge and does not listen to the patient at all. She does not prescribe proper medicine and does not renew medication prescribe by other medical professionals for no reason. She blames patient's for trauma that has happened to them making them feel even worse. One is suppose to be able to open up to their doctor without backlash. She also has been caught doing intercourse with a patient as seen below http://www.cpso.on.ca/Whatsnew/News-Releases/2015/2015-7-29-Discipline-Committee-Decisions Stay far away from this doctor, she should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

This is the worse Dr. I have ever had the mispleasure of meeting......My mother went to her for years....never touched her for exams...just prescribed...My mother was quite elderly and was of the old school belief that you trust and believe everything your Dr. tells you....The whole family tried to tell her to fire this NUT.....My mother went to her for abdominal pain...was given a diagnosis of diverticulitis....she was still really sick, so off to the hospital, where she received the proper diagnosis of ovarian cancer....she lived 4 months longer...this rant is just the final log in a NOVEL of things this woman has done to my mom.....she is a witch Dr. and should NOT be practicing at all......

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I'm finally free of this insane lunatic.If If you want someone who will validate any feelings that you are worthless then you got the right doc.The whole place including the staff are getting odd.I really thought twnty years ago I was a horrible person because thats how bad this doctor made me believe.I learned better now.Retire before you kill someone if you already haven't.I know nurses that knew DR V when she was interning and they all said she was never a good doctor and always mean as a feral cat...Sorry had to get that off my chest.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!! I was seeing Dr. Vasovich for over 10 years until my early 20's. Getting in was no problem but their were several other patients with the same appointment time cause I asked them. She'd come in the room & never sit down. If I asked how she was, she'd say "clunking around" never touched me to diagnose a problem. Also would carry my file & say why are you here???? If you were gaining weight, she'd say "Try all food once, finish nothing" & to stay on birth control till your ready to be pregnant. If not, stay on till your fifty it's fine & normal. Also bowel movements once a week was also normal. If you had a problem, she'd say change the brand of your birth control. Almost 10 years since I left & discovered I've gotten a yeast/candida overgrowth from being on the pill for 15 years along with other major health problems! RETIRE NOW cause you don't know what you are doing! I could go on & on! Stupid doctor

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Started as a patient in the 90's. Thought she was amazing.All changed over the yrs. My daughter lost over 100 lbs. Her reaction, you need to lose more & I hope you didn't starve yourself! She did it with proper diet & exercise! Continues to send us for unnecessary blood work & tests, calls & wants to you to come in. I panic thinking something is wrong. Book a vacation day,sit in the wait rm for 2–3 hrs another hr in exam rm. Hear her opinion on my personal life & say my results are fine. I finally had it, told her any results come back fine, do not call me. I get 15 vacation days, 7 of them wasted for nothing.I have heard she is or has been very sick & she has lost her spouse. I am truly sorry for all she going through. BUT we all have hard times in our lives, I am dealing with my Mom and cancer atm. I work, run to the hospt. each nite,look after my family.I am physically, emotionally exhausted. She sure isn’t the same Dr.I was seeing in 90’s she seriously needs to consider retiring.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2012

I've used Dr. Vasovich for the past 18 years. I like her, she is a good doctor and has given me great service. Her staff is excellent. Now onto things I don't like :( Her office is incredibly busy. So busy. Sometimes I have to call all morning just to get through to a receptionist to book an appointment. The phone line is busy all of the time. If you book a 9:30 am appointment, expect to see 15 people in the waiting room when you arrive. Sometimes more. You will have to wait for your turn and it could be hours. It's awful. For the most part, I take my children to the after hours clinic because it is easier and quicker.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012