Ratings for Dr. Jackie Bourgeois

This doctor loves doing unnecessary lab tests like checking your cholesterol and stuff every 3 months and then calling you back. Save some tax money already. I'm getting sick of it. Her bedside manner is so stiff and stilted. I don't think im gonna be back anymore

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr B is one of the best doctors in Humboldt. She is kind, personable and goes above and beyond. She always takes the time to listen, I never feel rushed, I think she is pretty amazing.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

If you happen to have any thyroid issues find a new doctor as this doctor clearly doesn't understand where the thyroid levels should fall. She's also very unprofessional, doesn't look at you when she talks to you. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

excellent lucky to have her in Humboldt.excellent,excellent,excellent

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I've seen this dr for a long time, but I'm considering a switch. She appears stiff, kind of false or uptight, hard to talk to. Sometimes she talks and moves really fast like she is nervous or something. I want to feel better at my doctor, not more stressed. She seems insecure sometimes in her knowledge. I don't know why she seems so stressed out, but it makes me feel badly too. I'm going to start looking elsewhere so I feel more comfortable during my visits.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Dr. Bourgeois has an extremely poor bedside manner, doesn't listen to her patients! Is terribly rude. Had no respect and had the nerve to say "your just a walk in patient". Guess my health issues are less important then other patients! She didn't care to hear about what I had to say. She's in the wrong field of work!!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Don't walk away,run away! At first blush she seems alright,but don't question her, her narcissistic personality will shine through. She will leave you high and dry when you need her the most. Never again!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Bourgeois has been my physician since moving to Humboldt 12 years ago, Ive always received excellent care from her, she's compassionate, caring and very thorough. I appreciate how she has taken care of me, and feel comfortable with her in her decisions where my health is concerned. She goes above and beyond the call of duty, she's one in a million, I pray she never leaves Humboldt, Id be totally lost without her. To me she's a millions stars !!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I am 66 have doctored all over Canada. She is the most proficient, compasionate, diligent of all the doctors I have seen. I went in for heart surgury and she called every day to see how I was. I get calls in the evening from her to check my condition or provide information. Sometimes I tell her to go home to her family and stop working for the day. I will not leave the area I presently live in as long as she practices here. If she relocates.... I relocate as well. She is very pleasant and has an excellent bedside manner. She is a very principled individual. It should be noted the area is short of 10 doctors so all doctors here are working double duty to fill the void. It has been like that for about 5 years now. I hope we get more doctors as I am concerned she will burn out. She is definitely a 5 star performer!!! Insurance: Sask Health

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

The ratings are dated so I thought it time to add in a fresh comment. Dr. Bourgeois has progressed into a thorough and caring doctor. I am not a good patient in that I do not want to jump on a drug regime right after test results. She listens to my questioning (stubborness) and research, quietly and effectively provides her reasoning backed by her research, is firm in the presentation of her reasons, yet respects my wishes as well. Dr. Bourgeois is thorough in follow-up, books appointments and tests if uncertain or for confirmation of her examinations - wastes no time at obtaining confirmation. Initially I thought she was rushing through, but have since realized she will listen closely when engaged in discussion. Rating a 5 across the board may be deceiving as I recognize no-one is perfect, but there isn't a 4.5 rating. Personable, firm, professional wrapped into one - ensure you engage her. Thank you.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011