Ratings for Dr. Michael Shaffelburg

I waited only a week or so to get an appointment with Shaffelburg and I was to wait 1 year and 3 months to see him,,, you think that was great? 2 weeks before my appointment they called and cancelled. Got a new appointment with a new Dr today , only a 6 week wait to see him,,, if he don't cancel lol.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

My diagnosis from my Family Dr. needed attention asap. Dr Shaffelburg quickly responded in spite of his enormous work load!! He was so articulate and responsive to my needs. His staff were so calming and professional. My outcome was successful however without this FABULOUS Dr. my story could have been much different ! 10 stars would not be sufficient rating !! We are so fortunate to have such a dedicated Dr. serving our community.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I need more stars to properly rate Dr. MICHAEL SHAFFELBURG. Only five stars somehow seems inadequate I have experienced two surgeries with Dr. Shaffelburg. Both times I was treated with the utmost respect, professionalism, and empathy. One of the surgeries needed quick attention and he made sure this happened for me. I appreciate the care, attention and peace of mind he gave me. He's an absolutely wonderful doctor and human being. Thank you, so much, for all you do. We are very lucky to have you here, in the valley.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

AMAZING doctor and person. Dr. Mike was so kind and caring - he was very thorough and asked lots of questions. I am so happy to have him in the valley! We are very lucky and fortunate to have such a caring human being. I would STONGLY recommend Dr. Mike JC - Port Williams

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

I waited 18 months to see this doctor and when I finally got an appointment I had to wait over an hour to see him. Now, I fully understand a wait time for if the doctor wants to spend extra time with patients and I fully respect that, however, when I went into the examination room, I was there for a grand total of 4 and a half minutes. He walked in and asked me not to tell him about any of my symptoms as he "wanted to guess". So I let him examine my body, where he then made comments on a separate skin issue I was experiencing. I redirected his attention to my original issue where he told me that he knew exactly what it was and prescribed me medication I had already taken for it, which did not work. I brought this to his attention, and tried to explain my entire situation to him, where he then interrupted me again to prescribe me medication that I would need to take for 6 months with no explanation and then left the room. I had higher expectations for this doctor and am very disappointed in his service.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

From my initial consult with Dr. Shaffleburg through treatment he has been outstanding. He is thorough, compassionate and highly skilled. Though I reside in Metro I will continue to travel to his clinics in the valley.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Absolutely my best experience with a doctor in Nova Scotia! Loved him. He was so good with my young children and me .

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

Of course, he is an excellent doctor: wise, compassionate, excellent conversationalist and answers questions and comments on my comments to my entire satisfaction. I also enjoy very much his grasp of world affairs and universal medical challenges. Having been to Haiti to help in a very meaningful way, this experience gives him a very wide and eep view of important matters

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

Dr M Shaffleburg is the best leaves no stone unturned,he will get to the bottom of your illness and assist you back to better health.He is my hero.I am so grateful and blessed.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Couldn't ask for a nicer Dr. He makes you feel at ease and is very calm. Your appt is always when it's suppose to be and quick.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015