Ratings for Dr. Olga Papay

I had this doctor years ago when I first sought one from a list at the urgent care clinic. She truly should not be practicing for two reasons: she is incompetent as a physician and she is rude. Once when I went in for a routine pap smear she told me I should keep breathing and asked, "Why aren't you breathing?" Then she went on to tell me that I was "built funny down there" and that's why she was taking so long to perform what should be a simple, quick procedure. This is true, folks. Another time, having suffered from unknown dizziness, Dr. Papay ordered visits with all kinds of specialists. I had to wear a heart monitor for a day and was sent to a neurologist. The cause of the dizziness was never determined and there was no follow-up. I seriously cannot believe from my experience, and those of the people I read here, that this doctor is still allowed to practice. Please investigate her, collegial body; there is a disconnect somewhere. Now please find it.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

When you see a 60+ year old ….doctor that is still on the "Doctors taking patients" list at urgent care clinics and has been on those lists for over 25 years, there is a reason. She should have her license pulled for her incompetence. Others here have already mentioned but, if you are sick & need tests, she will send you for every single test outlined on the lab’s requisition form. When a lab tech looks at the tick marks, their eyes roll around. This is very expensive to OHIP. There is simply no rating low enough for this medical practictioner!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

I had the misfortune to have her for a doctor many years ago. She was abrupt and rude and absolute no bedside manners. I went to her twice and I dropped her for a better doctor. The best decision I could ever make in my life.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

she is a rough abusive doctor.I had a pap smear in I actually screamed years ago.. she was so rough.she also ignored medical problem when i complained..finally got diagnosed five years after leaving her.She told me i was lazy.If she would have caught it , i might not have chronic illnesses today.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

I had this doctor years ago .I had the flu and then some very serios effects after where i was dizzy al the time . I felt i needed some time off work to try to get well. She did not support me in this.I ended up being off work for one and a half years before I felt able to cope with working.I was very disappionted in this doctor and ended up finding a new one that cared about me.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2008

Again, be afraid of any doctor taking patients in KW that is not 28 years old. She is incompetent as the day is long. I fell from a scaffold and broke my lower back. She sent me back to work (as a drywaller) within 2 weeks,then forwarded a report to WCB that I have recovered. She would always interrupt me. She was always late. She was rude. Only her opinion mattered. She refused to look at my x-rays that clearly show the break. what I said never mattered. I have since had the most painful back operation with screws, pins, bone grafts and a whole year of recovery, without one red cent from WCB, thanks to her. Of course WCB loved her for that I am sure. All lab tests were way too exhaustive, and costly to OHIP because of her in ability to diagnose anything.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2007

My experience with this doctor is that she was very unprofessional--told me her personal problems with a staff and why she had to let her go. I found out I was pregnant and called her office only to find out she was off for a month? and then called again on the day she said to and her message was changed to say she was off longer. I should have known there was a reason she was the only doctor in KW accepting patients, she had lots of space because everyone leaves as soon as they can find someone else.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2007

I had the misfortune of being this doctor's patient many years ago. She constantly overprescribed meds, was very abrupt and extremely difficult to understand. She also seemed to have trouble staffing her office with reliable help. As soon as I found another doctor, I left and haven't looked back since!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

This Doctor told me i was pregnant (called me, i had had blood and ultrasound tests). Got to her office and she asked me "who told you you were pregnant?". I told her her office had called. She asked "how do we know?" Then she passed the stethoscope over my tummy twice, said "i don't think you're pregnant after all" and "don't forget to keep taking your pregnancy vitamins!!! I could not run far enough or fast enough. Worst doctor i've ever had.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2007