Ratings for Dr. John V Dommisse

Dr Dommisse is a pioneer in nutritional medicine and has superior approaches to hypothyroidism and many other chronic conditions, physical and mental, especially depression and bipolar disorders.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

I was treated by Dr. Dommisse after seeing another (American) doctor who misdiagnosed me. After less than 5 minutes with me he told me that I was manic-depressive and put me on Lithium and Wellbutrin. For 3 days and nights straight I was like a ferret on a pogo stick. Then I have no memory of the next 2 1/2 days and nights. Dr. Dommisse correctly diagnosed me a hypoglycemic and anemic. We were able to turn my health around. I also learned a lot from him about the American system of medicine and international protocols. As a result, i take a proactive approach and do not accept just whatever is told to me without looking into other protocols.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Very experienced and knowledgeable in nutritional and metabolic and psychiatric medicine.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Excellent treatment - highly successful. Was treated by him for more than eight years.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

Dr. Dommisse is one of my computer clients. For years I have been troubled by all kinds of horrible side effects from a tick borne brain infection (neuro borreliosis). On his advice I switched to a colloidal silver regimen that has given my life back. Thank you John!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

This doctor prescribed supplements to help me with hypoglycemia approx. 10 yrs ago. Have recently called on him again and supplements have definitely helped with the terrible tiredness I was experiencing for months. I don't expect him to be my primary care physician. But my primary care physician did not help me overcome the terrible tiredness that was affecting my work and personal lives.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

Initially helped me a lot. However, does not like to be questioned, and I need a doctor who is willing to engage in dialog from a position of equality. His prescribed supplements were extremely beneficial as far as they went, but not everything can be found in a blood test.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

He is, essentially, a quack. He is currently appealing the revocation of his medical license. A dangerous man is one who has no doubts that he is right.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Very displeased! He has some good knowledge about supplements, yet very poor at diagnosing. My visit and his recommendations led me to the emergency room with heart problems!I would NOT recommend him

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

Does extensive blood testing for nutritional and metabolic deficiencies and excesses, then optimally corrects the blood levels with all-natural treatments. Outstanding results in most patients whom I have heard of.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. John V Dommisse's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1965)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal