Ratings for Dr. Peter W. Hollimon

So far we have not one single complaint. Very informative and has a good staff.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Holliman did three procedures on me the same day, a groin hernia, umbilical hernia, and removed my gall bladder. He was very informative on the inital visit, before the surgery he visited with me and my family and asked if he could pray with us. He prayed over me and performed the three procedures. I am pleased with the results, his professionalism, his office staff's performance before and after. I would go to him again and recommed him to anybody. As a christian I feel there should be more doctors that pratice prayer and medicine.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2012

Unhappy with my surgery. Scar looks like a kid with an exacto knife opened me up. My wife had surgery done a few years back and her scar is just as bad. We were young then and believed anything a doctor said, he said since she was overweight (by like 10 pounds) the scar turned out that way. Well she just had a C-Section and she is about 25lbs over weight now and you can barely see the scar, my mom hip surgery is the same way. So I know that that's a load of BS now. Anyways I had to go back to his office because he tried sewing some skin with bad blood supply back and it died which required antibotics and 3 weekly trips for packing the wound and me draining it with a q-tip at home (Not fun sticking something up inside your wound and twisting it to keep it from closing, painful as well). Not what I expected from a surgeon with so many years of experience. I've healed now no major complication. Last time I go here.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2011

Didn't tell me the hernia operation should be done laparoscopically (because he doesn't DO those), so my recovery was long, astoundingly painful, and developed an infection a few months later. Hernia mesh infections are EXTREMELY difficult to resolve. I later found out that the reason the open hernia surgery complication rate is so "low" is that people rarely go back to the original surgeon, so all the original surgeons report a low complication and infection rate.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

PROFESSIONAL, WELL MANNERED, RESPONSIBLE, EFFECTIVE, AND EFFICIENT THIS ALSO INCLUDES THE ENTIRE OFFICE STAFF WORKING FOR HIM. HE IS VERY COURTEOUS AND TREATS YOU LIKE FAMILY. HE IS A NOTCH ABOVE THE REST.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. Peter W. Hollimon's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1976)