Ratings for Dr. Brenda Henry-Ganesh

I have been seeing Dr. Henry-Ganesh for over 20 years now, and she is outstanding. She knows her stuff, is kind, thorough, and takes her time. She makes sure that everything gets done as well and that everyone is seen. I would recommend her to anyone! She is great!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

She is condescending, in a rush, another fine example of how we actually must treat ourselves because doctors do not. I am usually the kind of person that can take a lot and put up with a lot, but I really really do not like her or her ways of dealing with patients. She is my husbands doctor and not mine. He needs me at appointments but I dread dealing with her and so does he.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Great medical office with great staff and a wonderful doctor (Dr. Henry-Ganesh)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Henry-Ganesh has the worst bedside manner in the business. She is extremely condescending. (E.g. my school doctor diagnosed me with depression. I went to Henry-Ganesh for a check up 6 months later. She asked me if I had suicidal thoughts. When I said no her response was "Good, that's stupid".) She always presents the worst case scenario first (e.g. I had night sweats. The first thing she said was that it was an early sign of leukaemia. The second thing she said was she was going to test me for HIV. All the while she knew very well it was a side effect of my medication). While she has given me a lot of excellent diagnoses, I once went to her office, she told me nothing was wrong, paused for a moment, and then googled it. It is also not the best office to be at if you take regular medication and don't have insurance like myself, because if Henry-Ganesh is not in the office (which is frequent because she also does plastic surgery)they just pass it along to the nearest doctor in the practice and will only give you the minimum amount to get by. I have had to spend so much money on unnecessary dispensing fees. Overall, not recommended. I switched doctors.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Best Dr I have had! I have been a patient for over 20 years (during which time I moved to another city and had a different and terrible GP). Yes, Dr Henry-Ganesh is a whirlwind of energy...she really cares about patients and will spend the needed time getting to the bottom of things...that is why she runs late- because she is thorough!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I have been with Ganesh for 15 years, but no more. I was given an appointment over 7 weeks away when all I needed was a simple refill for my anti depressant. After 2 hospital runs and admittance into phyc, it would be presumed that I cannot function overly well without. It is disgusting to me that a doctor would turn away a patient who needs a simple perscription knowing patient history like this. She is ALWAYS in a hurry, I understand she is busy and there is a doctor shortage but giving half ass efforts just leaves a large mess and a lot of people hanging. Wrongly diagnosed myself and my mother, she is a joke. She is stuck in her old ways and in between her long awaited vacations, you will undoubtedly fall through the cracks. I spend more time getting passed back and forth from her and doctors at the hospital, but shes my family doctor, how is a patient. a patient. supposed to feel when neither the hospital nor her wants to help? Getting passed back and forth like a hot potato.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Brenda Henry- Ganesh has been a very caring doctor to me and my family. I switched to her when my doctor had retired and i could compare her caring to the past doctor who i had during my early years. Brenda made such a great positive difference to my health especially in crisis and life threatening health situations which i have had. I also like the fact that she is from Guelph and so knows the community well and neighboring communities.. She is very positive and that attitude is important for the patient which gives hope and helped me set my personal health goals with confidence. She is caring and informed.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

Dr Henry Ganesh has been my doctor for many years. I am able to usually get my appointment the same day, although sometimes I have to try again the next morning if I can't get one the first time I try. Dr HG is always friendly and has always taken my family's health issues seriously (perhaps because she doesn't see us all that often and when she does it's needed). Yes, she is rushed, although I think that is just who she is. My only complaint is the amount of time I waste in the waiting room...far too much, especially when I have made an appointment.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I had been going to see this Dr. For my later childhood early adult years. My dad stopped seeing her and then eventually I did. Very judgmental (poor bedside manners) overly rushed, and at times unprofessional in conveying information.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

She is outstanding in times of crisis, in my case an impending open heart surgery. She is kind and respectful. I suspect most of the negative comments have to do with her swooshing in and out, given an overload. You sort of have to grab her by the coattails in order to get your full comments heard :)) But I can't think of anyone I would trust more for my personal care. I most remember one comment, dealing with my reluctance to follow some advice: "You're not going to be sick on *my* watch!!"

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011