Ratings for Dr. G. Plummer

I have struggled with depression and anxiety for years and apparently Dr. Plummer thinks he's he's the expert in everything. He first put me on medication without explaining any side effects or withdrawal. He then put me on two medications that are absolutely not recommended to be used together. I then spent almost two years trying to deal with my condition and being told "maybe it's just the way you are" until I finally demanded a referral. My experience with the specialist is like night and day to Dr. Plummer. We can all rest a little easier knowing he's retiring.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr Plummer has been my GP for over 30 years. He started out as a wonderful support and I was proud to say that he was my Doctor. This continues to prove to be true if you are healthy. Once a health concern presents itself and he cannot visually see it, he becomes belittling, cold and dismissive. I leave his office feeling humiliated more than feeling better. His receptionist acts like she knows it all, is patronizing and is not overly friendly. I look forward to his retirement.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

It takes so long to see Dr.Plummer that I have had to go to the hospital for my condition. Dr.Plummer has a cold bed side manner. He should have been a sports related doctor because he believes everything can be fixed with taking a run around the block. Not all medical conditions can be prevented by exercise. As a doctor he should realize certain conditions are biological, and can have no relation to your exercise routine. He is not good with having preventative tests done. My family member had to fight to get a blood test done, and it came back positive for arthritis. He laughed off his mistake on being reluctant to help. He doesn't take your medical concerns seriously, and thinks everyone is just being a big baby. His receptionist can be spiteful, and illogical when you are very sick and need to be in sooner.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

It can be frustating having to wait weeks to see Dr. Plummer but I understand why. So many people refuse to take care of themselves and want a handful of meds to take away their pain. Why not be kind to your body so you can avoid expensive meds and treatments? I like Dr. Plummers attitude and do my best to live a clean life as per his instructions.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

6 weeks to get an appointment? thinks a GP is expert in everything and very reluctant to send to specialist or for tests (i.e. blood work, x-rays, physical .. early diagnosis for difficult symptoms is non-existent; used to be a great/terrific GP but something has changed in the last few years?

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Let me put my experiences with this doctor this way- it took my new doctor one visit to order the tests that helped him diagnose me with a severe heart problem, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and low blood pressure. I have seen Dr plummer my whole life, and he refused every visit to order these tests for me. He was very judgemental, and did not try to hide it even going so far as to voice his judgements. Very cold, trys to make a joke to cover the mean things he just finished saying. Ive left his office multiple times in tears from how mean and condescending he was toward me. My whole family was seeing him, and we all felt the same way. We had to get a new doctor because illnesses where not being tested for, or treated. He thinks every symptom comes from lack of sleep. He thinks every solution is non-medical. I agree that somethings can be treated simply by sleeping more, eating better, getting more exercise. However, not every illness can be treated this way... he doesnt seem to agree.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

I have had Dr. Plummer since I was born. He is a nice person overall, but as for a doctor he falls short in many ways. I went to him for over 2 years about a problem with my shoulder and he dismissed me over and over again. It took me seeing one of his residents and being in tears before I could even get xrays ordered. Most recently I went about a neck problem after a car accident and he told me to stand under the shower and it would fix the problem. He refused to fill out the insurance forms I brought and continues to refuse to fill them out. I now have to resort to going to an after hours clinic just so someone will take me seriously. What is the point in having a family doctor when he doesn't even listen to you or do anything for you? I am sick of taking time away from work only to be seen for 5 minutes and then be dismissed and treated like the things I say are wrong with me are all in my head.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

excellent doctor,knowledgable and kind . always open for a little chuckle.always has time for my wife and i.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

My daughter would have died from Crohn's disease if not for Dr Plummer's concern and care. He's was children's doctor, now my grandchildren's doctor. When my daughters moved away and returned years later, he took them back as patients even though he's one of the most sought after doctors in Fredericton and not taking new patients. The daughter who has crohn's had been away at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ont for a couple of years when she had a flare up. One call from me and he had her admitted to the hospital as soon as she got off the plane. We think he's wonderful. We now have 8 year old twins in the family who are active rascals. Dr Plummer is always patient and enjoys their antics even though he's very busy. Anyway...another generation of our family thinks he's the best!!!! V.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Although he is sometimes late, he is always available when I need him. I don't minf wating for others as I know that he will fit me in if I really need it.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011