Ratings for Dr. Allan C. Harrington

Dr Harrington is the most caring understanding Doctor I have ever encountered . I had a very cimplicated squamous cell carcinoma on my cheek .. he removed it and went of his way for pot-op treatment ... he's a true gem ... "diamond in the rough" of medical care

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

will never go to anyone else.I have had numerous melanoma's removed by Dr. Harrington. By far the best around.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Hands down the best MOHs surgeon in the area . I have had 5 basal cell carcinomas removed ... Last 3 by Dr Harrington and 2 by another MOHs surgeon. Dr Harrington and his staff made the procedure and post op a piece of cake compared to my previous experiences in another office. Wouldn't go to anyone else !

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

My husband needed skin cancer surgery on his nose and on Jan. 30, 2015, we went to the Glen Burnie facility of Anne Arundel Dermatology in order to get that done. We were impressed with the entire process. First of all, they sent us very detailed information ahead of the day of surgery, regarding where the facility was, who the doctor was, his photo and credentials, what we were to expect on the day of surgery and how to prepare. Once we got there, we were greeted by the friendly receptionist and were directed to sit in the reception area to wait for the doctor’s call. When our name was called, a member of Dr. Harrington’s Team greeted us warmly and introduced himself. When we were directed to the room where the actual surgery would take place, we were instructed as to what to expect at every phase of the surgery and preparation. Since the surgery was Mohs surgery, there was a period of time in which we had to go back to the reception area to wait for the results of the microscopic evaluation after tissue removal. When we were called back again to the surgery room since the evaluation still showed cancer, a different member of Dr. Harrington’s team greeted us and introduced himself. The warmth and friendliness of the staff who directed us to the surgical room provided us with a sense of comfort and a secure feeling that we were in good hands. The surgery went very well, and we couldn’t have been more happy with the proficiency and friendliness of Dr. Harrington and his Team. When it was time to leave, we received a page of instructions and Dr. Harrington’s cell phone number if any problems were to occur after hours. In summary, the experience was an excellent one in terms of the capability and effectiveness of Dr. Harrington and his Team as well as their friendliness. This made my husband and I feel very much at ease and highly confident that all would be well. We would definitely go to that facility again if we have any future skin cancer issues.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

The surgeon allowed a very inexperienced staff member to perform important pre-op and post-op roles, mostly unsupervised, without discussing it with me. The entire procedure was rushed, without sufficient time for the anesthesia to take affect, making it necessarily painful. He did not discuss the procedure with me in any kind of depth. The surgeon, while competent and experienced, has a very poor bedside manner, was in too much of a hurry and somewhat dismissive of my pain.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

WHAT A GREAT DOC!! Ihad basil cell on my face between my eye and nose. He had to cut into the corner of my eye& down. This took three times till he had clean margins. He was not happy with how it healed and redid the surgery to correct it and did not charge for the second surgery.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2011

This doctor is the best in my estimation. I have had 6 cancers removed from my head and face and I believe that I have had the best service possible. Dr. Harrington and his staff keep you advised on the progress of the proceedure and are there to always to comfort and aid. The followup is always on time and gives the patient the comfort and advise that is necessary to feel well taken care of. I rate this doctor and his staff excellant on all points. Come to this doctor with confidenced.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

One of the best Dermatologists in the country. Very highly recommended as well as a very knowledgeable person in his field.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr. Allan C. Harrington's Credentials

• Dartmouth Medical School (Grad. 1985)