Ratings for Dr. Joseph R. Taylor

Saw him for a spot on my nose that I KNEW was not a pimple. He prescribed acne medication... even though I told him it wasn't a pimple. So I humored him, came back in a month, told him that all the medication made me do was break out like crazy... and then he frigging prescribed what was basically benzoyl peroxide (another acne medication you can get in a tube at the grocery store for $4). Both times, the wait in the waiting room was extremely long. I went to another dermatologist, and she figured out it was a capillary close to the skin and cauterized it... all in under 5 minutes. Dr. Taylor is TERRIBLE, not to mention his complete and utter lack of bedside manner or consideration for what his patients are saying. This is one guy to avoid - now you know why he's practically the only dermatologist in town who has no wait time to get in to see him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

I went to Dr. Taylor several years ago for a mole on my face. He immediately decided to try to freeze it even though I explained to him that I already had tried that with a previous dermatologist and it didn't work. He pretty much blew me off and rudely did it anyway. A month later I went and saw another dermatologist (a good one this time- Dr. Stickler) who biopsied the mole which ended up being a squamous cell carcinoma. I will never go to Dr. Taylor again and have told everyone I know to avoid him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

Dr. Joseph R. Taylor's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)

MB Health