Ratings for Dr. James Krell

Worst bedside manner I have ever experienced! In my life! Told me my hairloss and horrible scalp pain were all in my head. That allergic reactions were not caused by shampoos. Said he could not help me and gave me a pouty face. What the #%^* is that about? I felt berated in front of his nurses and fellow and left there feeling worse than when I came in. I would highly recommend going to see someone else. I surely don’t think he knew what to do because he is incapable of listening. His ego needs to be checked.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

His misdiagnosis nearly cost me my life. They run people in and out like cattle. So many patients guess my paper work got lost in the shuffle I never got an explanation. He removed a spot the lab told him was very serious and he didn't bother to tell me it was a serious cancer that might take my life. He also removed something a few years earlier and told me it was nothing and it was a serious indicator of serious cancer. I can't believe he is still practicing.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Krell saved my life. Diagnosed melanoma and removed.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr krell found two spots on me that other dermatologists had missed. He removed these and the scars healed perfectly. Because I have had numerous pre-cancerous cells removed by dr. Krell I literally trust him with my health and well being. A different dr. Had told me I did not ever need to worry about skin cancer due to my olive skin tone. This was dead wrong due to numerous severe sunburn as a child and young adult. I find dr krell a quick but efficient diaganstitician. He also helped tremendously with a condition I had called "cold weather hives" I would recommend to anyone and in fact I have sent numerous family members and friends to him.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Discussing another professional is something I don’t do. However, I’ll make a onetime exception in the case of Doctor James Krell. I was a patient for many years and with recent exception I have always applauded his professionalism, dedication to his patients and diagnostic expertise. Over time there have been changes in the practice requiring doctors to spend less time with each patient and seeing far more patients. I feel, in the extreme, this is a recipe for error and fatigue manifesting its self in personality and professional traits that are contrary to the true person. For reasons stated I am no longer a patient.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Krell has a large ego and a rude disposition. In my presence (I was his patient) he angrily berated a nurse for providing him with what he claimed was an incorrect form. He is the sore spot in what is otherwise an excellent office. Krell needs remedial instruction in good manners and anger management.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I agree, Dr. Krell doesn't spend a lot of time in the room with you. But he works very quickly and is very efficient. He does a great job with full body scans, and if there is anything suspicious....he'll find it! I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

If you make an appointment expect to wait hours only to be treated with disrespect. I would encourage anyone to look elsewhere for a dermatologist. People with big "egos" don't make good doctors

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

I went to Dr. Krell to check a mole that my primary care doctor did not like and to treat a rash I had been told was contact dermatitis by other doctors. The mole was fine but he found a melanoma others has missed, removed it, followed up and I have had no other issues in that area for 7 years. He also said the "rash" was psoriasis. When it did not clear he got me into a drug study. When that failed he worked aggressively to help. It is now clearing and I am much better. I can now sleep at night without waking up itching and I can wear shorts, etc. without being stared at. Previous to him I was given creams and other treatments for dermatitis and exema. So both times Dr. Krell went beyond the norm and really solved my problem. More importantly three other doctors did think dark spot on my arm was a concern and one told me it was a birthmark even though I had only had it a year. Dr. Krell did the biopsy, his office called me the next day for immediate removal of the melanoma.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Dr. Krell walked into the room, was present for less than two minutes, diagnosed contact dermatitis, then started to walk out. I had not agreed to the patch test, and the expensive steroid cream he prescribed. When I asked about another problem, he said, "Oh, no. You only get one problem." I wanted to ask him if he thought this was an emergency room, but he was out the door. I have controlled this with self-care measures and OTC from WalMart. I wrote this rating before, but, somehow, it was erased from this site. I wonder if his employees are submitting ratings.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Dr. James Krell's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1989)