Ratings for Dr. John Tsang

Husband went in with 45 heart function came out with 25 . How does that happen?

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

When one is going through the overwhelming, stressful experience of open heart surgery you want a professional, experienced, caring doctor for your surgeon. Our family was provided this by having Dr. John Tsang as my husbands surgeon. He never made us feel like we were asking too many questions, in fact, he encouraged questions before and after surgery. After surgery, while my husband was still in hospital, he waited until family was there to go over treatment plans for him, he understood the need for special care as my husband has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. Never once did we experience anything but kindness and dignity shown to our whole family. Dr. Tsang is an honourable , skilled surgeon whom we would recommend to anyone. Merrylin McCaskell and family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Amazing surgeon. Father had lung cancer and he operated and took out half the lobe. Saved my fathers life with no complications. What more do you want than that. I thank him everyday!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

One could not ask for a better heart surgeon than Dr. Tsang. Deliberate in his planning; courteous in his demeanour; meticulous in his surgery and fastidious in his follow-ups. We'll be forever gratefull to him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Dr. Tsang is the most incredible doctor I have ever encountered. He is extremely intelligent, capable, professional and caring. He explained the procedure very well and answered all our questions with patience. My parents and I all felt knowledgeable as to why surgery was necessary and what it would entail. He was always courteous, caring and organized. He is one of the only doctors I have ever met who does not exhibit any signs of arrogance. He had my paperwork prepared in advance so that I did not need to wait around for additional tests, day passes and finally discharge. If you are in need of a cardiothoracic surgeon, count your lucky stars if you are under the care of Dr. Tsang. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Dr.Tsang did my pre-op and assisted in the surgery, had time to explain everything to our satisfaction.Would highly recommend Dr.Tang. Floyd

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

When my dad needed cardiac surgery, Dr. Tsang saw him after his angiogram and assured us the surgery would be early Sept. That it was. It was not long and we were notified of the surgery date. It was a 5 hr. procedure and Dr. Tsang did not hesitate to talk to us about the successfulness of the surgery afterward. It happened that dad had a previously undiagnosed hole in his heart, which was repaired. A few days later, a pacemaker had to be done and we were notified immediately on that procedure. Dr.Tsang is very compassionate and caring, an excellent surgeon and extremely sensitive to the needs of the patients. His manner and professionalism help him to be someone we would recommend to anyone in the same situation. Dad had a wedding of a first grandchild coming up and Dr. Tsang assured Dad that the surgery would be held off until after the wedding and told him that something like that was important. Awesome Dr. Will definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2008

great guy did a quintruple bypass nice job good followup

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

knowledgeable, caring, outstanding surgeon. along with willing to take time with patients and their fammilies, not just about the surgery, great follow through

flag | Submitted February 20, 2007

Dr. Tsang was the surgeon who assessed my dad for surgery after he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He did not re-evaluate dad's CT scan taken 2 months prior (cancer does in fact grow!) and commented on the fact that my dad "deserved" to have lung cancer as he was a smoker for many years. NO ONE deserves cancer, and one cetainly should not be made to feel the way dad felt after that comment. After the surgery, he casually stopped by to tell my mom, sister and I that the surgery was not successful - he did this in the company of ~ 20 other folks waiting to hear about their family member, and all while sipping his Robin's coffee. Not too professional. The final straw was that he did not even have the courtesy to tell my dad that he was unable to remove the tumor - my mom was "blessed" with this unfortunate task. While I agree that he is a good surgeon, he lacks empathy, common sense, and basic human decency, which I believe we ALL deserve!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2007