Ratings for Dr. George W. Lighty

Have to agree with the bad ratings. He failed to have me tested for bacteria in my stomach which caused a 30 year run of nausea and vomiting. He misdiagnosed my son as having the flu -- son rushed to hospital with asthma.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I thought Dr. Lighty was a really intelligent guy at first. He claimed to be a family doc, cardiologist and gynecologist. Who wouldn't want a 3 in 1 package? After thinking about it, it sound to good to be true. He told me the whole history of how a disease I suffer from came about. He noted the history of different races and how geographic origin plays a part. He even told me how he worked with the guy that invented Gatorade. After a while I noticed that he and his wife(his secretary) were never in the office. She seemed very slow and dippy. He had me wait for an hour once because she scheduled someone in my appointment slot. They only schedule one person an hour to supposedly give each person individual attention. I think it's because his wife has trouble keeping up with the appointments she makes. I honestly think they should retire.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the rating below. I could not, in good faith, recommend Dr. Lighty to anyone. He diagnosed me with a generic condition that suspiciously has no name and no doctor I've spoken to has ever recognized the diagnosis. Doesn't listen and the patient can't get a word in edgewise. A family member goes to him as well and he has violated doctor-patient confidentiality on several occasions. He's unprofessional and leveraged his relationship with my family member against me. He is condescending, rude, and full of himself and cannot admit when he is unsure or is wrong. Do not go to him if you value your health. And ladies - he's called me fat on several occasions. I'm a size 4. He is hugely overweight. Sort that one out. It's hard to take medical advice from someone who clearly sees themselves as above that same nugget of wisdom.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Has own agenda. Talks down. Doesn't listen. Rarely available. Exaggerates. Rude to staff. Impressed with self.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. George W. Lighty's Credentials

• Medical College Of Pennsylvania (Grad. 1976)