Ratings for Dr. Robert Kwan

I hurt my shoulder and Dr. Kwan gave me great advice on a few ways to treat it without meds. He explained the issue and sent me to a physiotherapist in Markham at a clinic call form & function, they really impressed me. But what impressed me the most is that he sent me to someone who can really fix the problem instead of giving me a shmorgazboard of meds. Thanks Dr Kwan!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Had been look after by Dr. Kwan over 20 years and I am very appreciated to have this family docotr that gives me very good advice and conern. You need to spend some time to wait but it is worth for seeing a good one rather just give you a few minutes and no comemnts.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

In regards to that person left the message below, I totally understand the wait time is long but honestly these days, if you want to find a doctor that is caring, understanding and love his job. YOU HAVE TO WAIT. I can tell you, there is not many doctor will see patients quickly. and being responsible. I had been with Dr. Kwan for over 15 years and every 3 months I have to see him, and I can tell you it worth the wait. He will take his time to explain my issue, my concern and go beyond to make me feel comfortable to ask all my questions. Honey if you have no patient to wait, just go to see the walk-in doctor, you can get you butt in and out quickly. Why you still sit there to wait for 2 hours to see him? Aren't you a little funny? And you should not blame our doctor, you should blame our government health care system, they abuse our doctor.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Dr Kwan is a good doctor. The only problem is the waiting time. Even with appointment, the wait time is continuously over 2 hours. Can the appointment time be arranged a bit better for the sake of those poor patient that are already not feeling well! I can understand why so many of the young people has to change to another GP. It is because of the waiting time. Only retiree can afford to spend half a day there waiting. TIME Management is the key issue.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Good communications and understanding to patience both in English and Chinese, very helpful and thorough.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

In a our busy time sensitive society, everyone is always in a rush to do something or go somewhere. It seems out of place to wait. Remember - good things comes to those who wait. Yes, you would have a long wait before you finally see him, be assured that when you do you will meet with a doctor with a sympathetic ear, a knowledgable mind and a comfortable environment. When facing situations that affect the quality of life it's nice to know that there is a doctor you can trust and actually listens to what you are saying and explains your fears in a manner that you can understand. Dr. Kwan is not only interested in what medically ails you but in your life as a whole, because they are both intertwined. He sure is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Before my wisdom teeth could be extracted a full physical was required. So it was I found myself at the office of Dr. Robert Kwan. Personable and empathetic with a gift for putting patients at ease, the visit proved less painful than I imagined. Twenty years later, our doctor-patient relationship is ongoing, largely because Dr. Kwan is so easy to talk to; an invaluable quality if you're someone who suffers with anxiety. In my experience, a visit to most walk-in clinics has meant a long sit in the waiting room followed by a very brief consultation with the physician on duty. With Dr. Kwan, you can expect your fair share of time in the waiting room, but rest assured you won't be rushed out the door before your concerns have been heard. Philosophical and methodical, Dr. Kwan practices medicine with his head and his heart. In most cases, I have left his office with something to think about and feeling better than when I arrived, which, after all, is really the idea.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Talks too much. Not very knowledgeable - more interested in telling you how to live your life than giving concrete medical advice.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

If only Kwan spent as much time listening to his patients as he does cramming his own values and life commentary down their throats, he would be an OK doctor. He doesn't seem to realize that people don't care what he has to say beyond his medical advice - he just keeps talking and talking. It's surprising what his patients are willing to put up with (read the other comments).

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I really like Dr. Kwan. He listens and is very careful with his diagnosis. I appreciate that fact about him because it shows he takes his job seriously. Bonus: really dry sense of humour! funny!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010