Ratings for Dr. William P. Berkery

They have become more like a factory. The Dr. patient relationship does not exist here. Dr. Berkery is far to stretched out and very rushed with appointments. Long wait times for a rushed in and out appointment. Calling him would be like calling the president of the US. Impossible. Staff is rude and uncaring when forced to call. They do not respond to the portal in a timely manner for prescription refills or general questions. I have had very difficult times getting refills. When I voiced my dissatisfaction of having my prescription refills, Dr. Berkery actually called me, but to tell me he's dropping me as a patient. I was shocked. They have so many patients. they don't care...

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Berkery is a very caring and knowledgeable cardiologist. He listens to what you have to say and spends the time needed to figure out what is going on, he never rushes through the appointment. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr. Berkery was recommended to me by my cardiologist, Dr. Janicki. I had been seen routinely for several years for MVP. I felt there was no better physician and was comforted knowing that I was in his care. When my Mitral Valve had taken a turn for the worse I went to his office to find that he had retired the practice and was now working at the VA. I left a message for him to call me and he returned my call right away. He contacted Dr. Berkery personally for me and Dr. Berkery got me in right away. I didn't think any cardiologist could compare to Dr. Janicki but I was wrong. Dr. Berkery upholds the same respect and level of care that I had received from Dr. Janicki. I am so thankful for both of them and would suggest him highly to anyone needing a cardiologist that is highly knowledgeable that truly cares:)

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr.BErkery was the only doctor that took time and interest insurance my friend who was on medicaid. he made sure he got top notch medical care. He,s a very special doctor.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I have never had anything but absolute honesty, caring and all the time I needed when seeing Dr. Berkery. He was the Dr who saw me in Crouse ER - I had never been to a cardiologist and he explained everything to me - he has been there to answer all my questions through triple bypass surgery and additional surgery not related to my heart. I have received the best care I could want from him and Dr. George. My calls have always been returned and I have made more than a few.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

His appointments are hurried;talks to you as he is running out door. Does not return calls. Had nurse prescribe medication without patient knowing test results. Has a very narcissistic view of himself. Nurses don't return calls either. Don't bother with this dr

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

18 year old was rushed to emergency with chest pains.has a history of heart problems and already had 1 surgury. So called "dr" Berkery, after 13 hours,6 times asked to see him refused to see my son. WOW! total lack of Dr's Oath. this man should not practice medicine. If he comes to check you out.....RUN!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

My dad has a very unusual case and was misdiagnosed by other cardiologists and radiologists due to the rarity of his condition. However, Dr. Berkery's knowledge figured out the correct diagnosis which allowed him to recommend and implement an appropriate plan of action. It most likely saved my dad's life.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

dr.berkery was my husband's dr. for many years and before my husband died at crouse hospital i tried and tried to get in touch with dr.b.about my husband's condition-i had him paged when he was in the hospital,i called and left messages at his office but he did not get in touch with me at all.i also was a patient of dr.berkery's but after the uncaring behavior he gave me and my husband i will have nothing more to do with him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

Dr. William P. Berkery's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1981)

UnitedHealthcare