Ratings for Dr. Rakesh P. Gupta

During our first consultation, Dr. Gupta appeared to be very warm, knowledgeable and friendly. He suggested I get a colonscopy and endoscopy due to my digestive problems. I was instructed not to eat anything before my colonscopy from 5pm the day before. My appt was scheduled for noon, but I didn't see the doc until nearly 4pm. Not only was I starving, but I was extremely frustrated and no one even apologized for the prolonged delay. When I finally got to the OR, the nurse hooked up my IV - but Dr. Gupta was NOWHERE to be found. The anesthesiologist tried to make smalltalk, but even she was growing worried and she apologized for the wait. Finally, a nurse went to go track him down and remind him that I was on the OR for nearly 30 mins. In a paper thin robe on an empty stomach (freezing). At this point my stomach began feasting on itself. I wanted to cry but I held back the tears. To say I was dissapointed & angry is an understatement, I will never go back to him. BEWARE!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Rakesh P. Gupta's Credentials

• Hebrew

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1998)