Ratings for Dr. Marc Newton

I was in the ER and Dr. Newton was assigned to look after me together with a cardiologist upon my admission for an abnormality found in my heart. Dr. Newton was very kind and understanding. He took time explaining things to me and giving me reassurance. After 6 days at Owen Sound Hospital and another grueling 15.5 hours at St. Mary's Hospital for a half hour angiogram I was sent back to Owen Sound Hospital. After 15 hours and an angiogram I was pretty much physically and emotionally spent so I decided that I want to go home to sleep and rest without the noises and inconveniences of hospital. I have unwittingly discharged myself and lost care for that. The cardiologist turned his back on me so I left a message for Dr. Newton to call me back. Then I went to the ER to be readmitted. Dr. Newton took time to call me back and then met me at the ER. He understood how I feel about being in the hospital while I am able bodied to not be in the hospital. He called St. Mary's to arrange something for me to see a cardiac surgeon. St. Mary's called me today. What sets Dr. Newton apart was his caring attitude. Although he was busy as all the doctors are, he takes the time to walk an extra mile without even getting paid by OHIP for it. What a wonderful, kind doctor! God bless him for having a good, understanding heart!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Newton has been taking my case very seriously while others have not. He has set me up with other Doctors when I live away from home during the year. He has been quick to see me and has been following up when necessary. Dr. Newton has been very persistent with me and when my medication fails he is quick to come up with alternative solutions. Dr. Newton has provided me with excellent care

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Amazing doctor and Amazing front desk staff. I was very pleased with the helpfulness and promptness of the staff.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Was aggressive in solving my problem--CAT Scan within 48 hours as he suspected cancer----but it wasn't. Has got me on a good path of care. Only lung specialist around, so he covers a lot of patients.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had Dr. Newton install a tube for plural effusion. After it was put in place, I had to get CCAC care partners to drain it every week or so until it stopped draining. That took about 6 months in my case. Yesterday Dr. Newton removed the tube and it came out with no problem. He was nice to me every time I saw him. No problems with staff. They treated me very well. Dr. Newwton is also looking after my sister in ICU with lung problems. She likes him too.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Took two months to get in for a sleep study, then six months for results - he said it was unusual... I guess not based on other previous comment. He also did not provide much info or details.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Get in promptly for testing but take 6 months before you get your results. When diagnose with sever sleep apnea that is very concerning.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I was admitted to hospital with multiple blood clots in my lungs- he never made bothered to see me until a month later for a followup- he did no testing to confirm clots were getting better- 2 weeks later he said I could return to work still no testing done even tho I told him I was not breathing better- I lasted 3 days at work was back off as I was having breathing issues- he finally did a followup test and turns out I still had blood clots effecting my breathing- he said he would refer he to a specialist in london but and once again he is off on holidays for 1.5 weeks and has done nothing for me.. very unhappy with the complete lack of medical care given by him.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Dr. Marc Newton has to be the best doc I have ever had he has helped me out and now thanks to him my lungs are much better and I can do more when I`m using my meds thanks doc

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

I went to my appointment today on time and was told by the registration desk that I did not have an appointment today. She then called Dr Newton's office and they said that my appointment wasn't for 2 months. I then called my family doctor's office and they pulled out the referral letter and read to me the date - March 21. My doctor's office then called his office and said that they have the appointment time in writing. His receptionist said that he was booked up and would not see me, even though it was their fault that there was an appointment mix up. So if you have an appointment with them you better call and check if they will honour the appointment time before you set out. The receptionist was rude, even though it was her fault. I am requesting a referral to another doctor and following up with OHIP that this doctor gets nothing from his missed appointment. I see that there is another pretty negative post about his receptionist, I wonder if the doctor is aware of this.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013