You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Paul O'Boynick

Dr. O takes care of business. For a few years I was disappointed because he kept turning me away, referring me to pain management. Obviously I was frustrated as anyone in pain would be. That's not his fault. Bottom line, my symptoms weren't bad enough to substantiate the risk. I have central spinal stenosis. One day I woke up with the left side of my body in such pain it was unbearable. My left bicep had a cramp in it and it wouldn't go away. That was a sign, time to take the risk. I went to my Dr, was given a referral to him, got in right away and had surgery in just over a week. I trust his judgement to wait until necessary. My neck is okay, not perfect but it's pain free. Thank you Dr. O!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Before I realized I had Spinal Stenosis I went to a chiropractor with sharp pain between my shoulder blades he put me on his table and I told chiropractor I had very limited movement in my neck, the chiropractor preceded to jerk my neck which was very painful and caused my arm to go numb down to my fingers. I called Dr Oboynick on recommendations of others I knew, He was quick to the point. A man of few words but he was wonderful I found out I had a broken bone and due to stenosis I had pinched nerves he was able to replace the bone and unpinch the nerves.Afterwards I was seen by his assistant who was also very competent and knowledgeable. I am very satisfied with Oboynick and his staff, I would not go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

I had a Chiari decompression surgery as well as C1 & C2 laminectomy about 5 years ago.... Not only did the not make the hole in my skull big enough he also didn't do the full laminectomy. When my symptoms came back not even 6 months later I saw a REAL Chiari specialist in CO and was treated correctly. He may be good at other surgeries but treating Chiari Malformation patients is def something he is NOT equipped for. Horrible bedside manner too.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Terrible bedside manner & his secretary Maria is worse. Definitely difficult staff I have several issues w my spine incl multiple protruding discs, severe spinal stenosis in cervical thoracic & lumbar. I had seen him in the fall he only told me they could possibly do surgery on the bone spur in the neck and sent me back to the pain mgmt folks who have continue to give me injections w/o improvement. I had a nasty slip & for all on the ice last week which left me unconscious. The ER Dr told me I needed to see Oboynick ASAP & even called & spoke w/ asso I called his office had to leave a message & the next morning Maria rtd my call. She told me they could schedule I office visit following wk. I arrived w/all the info the ER Dr had given me Oboynick told me I had to go pick up my own disks & reschedule. The hospital records folks said the Dr office had to call for those records I live more than an hour away Definitely not helpful Bad customer service!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. O'Boynick is truly a miracle worker. I had spent months in pain with the need to have next surgery and by the time I took the step it was pretty bad. Almost instantly his surgicial skills have given me my life and my mobility back. Can't thank you enough. Iwould recommend this surgeon and his team to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

The best Neuro-Surgeon in the Midwest. Amazing support staff. I am about to have an additional surgery and Iwould trust nNoone else. Hands down, the best in every aspect of patient care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Dr.O'Boynick saved my life.I had a aneursym that busted in my brain in Nov 2002,I didnt end up seeing him till 24hrs after it busted,but he saved my life and is a very good doctor. Thank you for all that have done for me and giving me a 2nd at life.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013

Took my 83 year old Mother to this office and was treated to horrible bedside manner and felt like we were just blown off by the Dr because of Moms age. If you dont ask questions you wont get answers and you can be sure they will be one word answers. I would NOT recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

I went to Dr. O several times...he refused to do surgery on me and instead referred me to a bunch of clowns that I had to deal with for several years before I just got fed up and went back to him and asked him again could he do something? He said yes, did a hemilamenectomy-which totally turned out bad AND MADE BY BACK PAIN MUCH MUCH WORSE! This guy's bedside manner is terrible too. He is very very intimidating and doesn't like you to ask questions. I heard he was good, but not so much I guess. He never followed up with me after the surgery and could have cared less about the outcome...he passed me on to his physician's assistant! And his secretary, Maria, thinks SHE is the doctor....good luck with her.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2010

Great doctor- quick & to the point. Didn't dilly-dally; said we'd tried our options and need to do surgery or I won't really ever feel better- he is confident but never cocky- very down to earth. I feel very safe going in to have surgery with him leading the way.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2010

Dr. Paul O'Boynick's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1973)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. O takes care of business. For a few years I was disappointed because he kept turning me away, referring me to pain management. Obviously I was frustrated ..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Before I realized I had Spinal Stenosis I went to a chiropractor with sharp pain between my shoulder blades he put me on his table and I told chiropractor I had..."

January 2, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a Chiari decompression surgery as well as C1 & C2 laminectomy about 5 years ago.... Not only did the not make the hole in my skull big enough he also did..."

October 20, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://neuroks.com/Pages/NAK-Physicians.html" to "http://www.neuroks.com/Pages/NAK-Physicians.html". Postal Code has been updated from "66201" to "66204". Address has been updated from "None" to "9119 West 74th Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19134321100".

June 3, 2015