Ratings for Dr. Steven Thaxter

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr. Thaxter performed arthroscopic surgery on my knee after another doctor in Hanford operated on it and did not fix anything. I had a torn meniscus. I am very glad I found Dr. Thaxter, even with all the additional damage the other doctor caused, he fixed everything that was wrong. In fact, I WALKED out of the surgical center, post-op. I did physical therapy for a month, and my knee is better than it has been in years. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have a working, pain-free knee again. His office staff is a little snooty, but who cares as long as the doctor in the office can fix what's wrong with you?

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

This doctor has performed a plethora of surgeries for me [12 on knees and 2 on shoulder], he has always provided accurate and helpful information re: aftercare, and what each procedure entailed. He did for get to mention how one possible outcome [overgrowth in a cartilege transplanting(carticel)] happens in 5% of all cases. Overall, a very good surgeon, and I am very pleased with how the procedures turned out.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Extremely rude & poor bedside manor with after surgery care! Did not answer questions and complained that I always asked questions when I didnot recover as expected. Told me to "just get over it".

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008

Very punctual. Very knowlegeable. Easy to talk to. Performed knee and shoulder surgery on me and hip surgery on a friend of mine. We are all doing incredibly well after our surgeries and feel like we wish we would have seen him sooner.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2007

Dr. Steven Thaxter's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)