You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Sanjeev Bhardwaj

Dr Bhardwaj was my family doctor for about 10 years and I've just been informed he is on permanent medical leave and will not be returning. I've never had such care before from a doctor and I'm not sure I ever will!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr Bhardwaj is an amazing Doctor. He has been my family doctor for over 10 years years am I am very sad to see that he is away on medical leave. He is sadly missed. He is the type of Doctor who will go above and beyond for a patient. I just recent lost my daughter and he took the time to call and see how I was doing. You can't say that for all doctors. Being a family man himself he cares for his patients and takes the time to get to know them and treat them with care. Will be very sad if he doesn't return.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

He was my family doctor for as long as I could remember, I sought out a new doctor after a few very bad experiences in recent years. As a young healthy male adult I had never had to see him for any serious condition or situation so it was only expected to have easy visits each time as the care I required was simple. I was involved in a major skiing accident in BC which put my in the Intensive Care Unit in Vancouver for over two weeks, when I returned back to Alberta I had an appointment booked with Dr Bhardwaj for follow up and to update him on this information. I had several severe symptoms I brought forward and he literally requisitioned no exams of any type, barely performed a physical examination, and was very slow to get into contact with the specialist I was seeing in ICU in Vancouver to receive my information on treatment. My condition worsened over the next 7 days and I returned to him with shallow breath, a crackling noise that could be heard when I exhaled, and deep burning in the lungs. His physical examination was pathetic, he prescribed me an inhaler to help open the airways and again literally never requisitioned ANY medical diagnostics or labwork. After returning home I became much worse over the next day and checked into the Royal Alex Emergency Depatment where they found my lungs had been full of blood and fluid so I spent the next 2 weeks in the Lung ward having the effusions in my lungs drained out and medicated. The doctors said I was lucky I had not developed a lung infection with all of the fluid that had accumulated, literally litres of it and this quack listened to me breath and did not even requisition me for any tests! At the time I could hear the crackling in my throat when breathing without any medical knowledge or equipment. Still having faith in the medical system I kept him on as my doctor and months later was seeing him with all of the classic symptoms of gallstones and gallbladder dysfunction and he prescribed me heartburn medication and largely ignored all the information on symptoms I provided him. Shortly after that visit I was again hospitialized this time with acute cholecystitis and mild pancreatitis (gallstone stuck in my bile duct) and had to have emergency procedures to remove the stone . . . Its no wonder a patient with no history of acid reflux didn't respond to a prescription for heartburn medication. It was a very rough year and a very long winded recovery after a major accident and then with the failure of my gallbladder but I can assure you all that this man personally made it significantly harder by failing to provide a high level of care which was required of me at the time. I would recommend if you have serious medical problems or are likely to face them as the result of a sporting accident that this man be avoided at all costs. Very Very bad experience.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Bhardwaj is amazing. He always takes the time to listen and is great with my children. He helped me so much when I was sick when I was pregnant. He is an amazing person and amazing Doctor, I can't imagine if he ever moves.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

He takes care of our whole family and seems to always be there for us whenever a medical issue pops up. A family man himself, which makes me feel I can trust him with my kids as well.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

He is the doctor for my husband and 3 sons. He is always cheerful and smiling and cracking jokes with us. He is knowledgable with my middle son's illness and offering suggestions on easing his discomfort. My oldest has entered puberty and Dr. Bhardwaj has put him at ease and let him know how common his puberty experience is (Breast bud). He explains everything and is open to our questions. Sometimes a nuisance to have to talk to a resident/med student first but I appreciate that Dr. Bhardwaj is helping teach the next generation of doctors.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

WOW! What more can you ask for in a doctor? Always remembers me, always has an answer for any questions i have. I recently went in with with a laceration to get looked at. Instead of sending me to the hospital to get fixed ( and wait 5 hours) he fixed it at his office within minutes. You cant ask for more in a doctor!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

The best Family DR you could ask for...A total GEM!!!!!!...Ive be seening him in Stony Plain since he arrived there...I just hope he never moves away!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

I love him :) He tries his best (and usually succeeds) at being on time. He is kind, gentle, and make syou truly feel comfortable. When you talk to him you KNOW he is listening to you and wants to help you in every way possible. He is the first and only Dr I have had that I feel as though I can relate to on a personal level. He is so personable! He jokes with you, he remembers you, it is always just such a pleasant experience. Even when I ended up losing a pregnancy at 15 weeks he was so comforting and understanding. I could RAVE about him all day! Sometimes (depending on the day) it might take a few days until you can get in to see him, but it is SO worth the wait :)

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Sanjeev Bhardwaj's Credentials

HealthPartners

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bhardwaj was my family doctor for about 10 years and I've just been informed he is on permanent medical leave and will not be returning. I've never had such ..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Bhardwaj is an amazing Doctor. He has been my family doctor for over 10 years years am I am very sad to see that he is away on medical leave. He is sadly mis..."

April 26, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "He was my family doctor for as long as I could remember, I sought out a new doctor after a few very bad experiences in recent years. As a young healthy male ad..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bhardwaj is amazing. He always takes the time to listen and is great with my children. He helped me so much when I was sick when I was pregnant. He is an..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He takes care of our whole family and seems to always be there for us whenever a medical issue pops up. A family man himself, which makes me feel I can trust h..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Really like seeing Dr Bhardwaj he is friendly, knowledgeable and respectful. Not thrilled when I have to deal with his Resident Doctors"

October 2, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

June 25, 2013