Ratings for Dr. Iain Allan

Dr Allan made my son's teeth look great. However a lot of his gums are now receding due to the aggressive brace work. This may have happened with any orthodontist. However, I did not find him helpful for my own TMJ problems and went elsewhere for help. So I gave him a lower rating in the knowledge area. As a side note- when I took my son for a second opinion for some tmj pain Dr Allan called me up and let me have it... not professional.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Within a 1/2 hour of contacting Dr.Allan he was able to meet us at his office at 10:00 at night for a "stuck retainer". My son was distressed after pushing his retainer past the correct position. My son says "Dr.Allan is my hero"! He was so kind and considerate of my, and my sons apprehensive feelings. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2010

Dr. Allan is excellent in his field. Very good with kids, which is appreciated.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

His staff I find is terrible and not very accommodating, but he is awesome. He's very knowledgeable and you can tell he really shows an interest in what he's doing, I'd recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Extremely disappointed with service of all staff.Dr Allan was really pushing jaw surgery, but I declined.He said that he could treat me with just braces. After some required periodontal work was done, and a year since he agreed that we could go ahead with braces, I was told that he won't in fact treat me without the jaw surgery being done.He didn't bother to come in to see me at my appointment. His "assistant" who told me of the change blamed the fact that I wasn't told a year earlier on her maternity cover! All very, very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

I went to him when I already had braces and was moving to Kelowna. He totally changed my treatment plan and was trying to push jaw surgery on me. We ended up going to another orthodontist without the surgery. I am very happy with my result.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

He is very accommodating and the office staff is friendly and professional. He is certified in orthodontics (not like others, be aware) and that shows in his work.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2007

I have been seeing Dr. Allen for a number of years after wearing full braces as a child (with another orthodontist) and then with him as an Adult. He did AMAZING things with my very challenging TEETH. I still see him on a regular basis for followup. He is a FABULOUS Dr. and I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend him...and his whole team. VERY PROFESSIONAL AAAA+++++++!!!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

My girls have been seeing Dr.Allen for the past 5 years. He is caring and kind with both the patients and their parents. He offers flexible financing for those without dental plans that cover ortho. He tells it like it is and keeps the kids accountable for their treatment plan.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2007

Iain Allan really cares about the people he works on and he will remember your starting case 10 years after you are finished and will happily see you then again for a check without any worry.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2007