Ratings for Dr. Elvira Rios

Love this doctor! Ben going to her for YEARS and am always happy. Thanks, Doc!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Doctor Rios has been my doctor since I was 8 yrs old! She at the time was at Creighton Medical Clinic right off 72nd and Spring street.. I was a acute asthmatic and their were 3 doctors in the room and countless nurses.. And no one really knew what else they could do for me during a severe attack. And Dr. Rios came into the room and took over! She saved my life that day and several times since! You also sees all of my brothers and sisters and their kids and my parents to this very day! She is a awesome doctor! And she doesn't bullsh*t around when it comes to your health she's very blunt and straight forward and actually cares bout her patients.. The wait till can be a lil much .. But its made up with the quality care she gives!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I have been looking for a GP for sometime as the majority of Drs only care about entering information your into a computer. Dr. Rios gave me a very through exam and listened/addressed all of my concerns. She is very intelligent and believes in "thinking outside of the box" and finding alternative solutions instead of prescribing unnecessary pills. I have finally found a Dr. who cares. Looking forward to a long relationship with her.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

I used to trust Dr. Rios and her staff until Dr. Rios put me on 2 meds that have a major interaction causing me to become ill, suffer nerve damage, muscle and tissue damage. She wouldn't even listen when I told her my symptoms. She was patronizing and told me I had the flu, even told me that I was emotionally unstable. Anyone would when they are being poisoned. Since when do you get a diagnosis of the flu with symptoms of your skin burning from head to toe, poking all over your body and severe weakness, and vertigo? No vomiting, diarrhea or fever. Had to go to another Dr. who finally recognized what was going on, but now it's too late. Now I have no choice but to suffer the consequence of her poor practices and unwillingness to listen and do her homework. This has drastically impacted my quality of life. I wouldn't trust her to treat my dogs.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Gave me a terrible misdiagnosis- totally clueless doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I HAVE BEEN A PAIENT FOR OVER 20 YEARS. HER SERVICES AND MEDICAL ADVISE HAS DECLINED TO THE POINT I NO LONGER FEEL CONFIDENT IN HER TRETMENT ADVICE. I WILL NEVER GO BACK..EVER!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I use to use her NP Patty until she passed away. Now being left to deal with Dr. Rios, I am so glad that I had to change insurance and use another doctor. I have been dealing with a multitude of different illnesses and I am very young. She has not correctly diagnosed me yet, and the "specialists" she sends me to are just as bad. I am still waiting for her office to get my records to my new doctors office. It's been about a month now and I have paid my fee for releasing my own records (over $50 to get them). Because of this, my new doctor needs to see the records to verify my prescriptions so I ran out of medicine that must be taken everyday to maintain control over my illnesses. Worst doctor I have ever been to. Not sure how she even has a client.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013

I took my son in to see Dr. Rios when he went into 7th grade for a physical. I really appreciated the fact that she talked to him about diet, sex, drinking & drugs, exercise & just taking care of yourself. She was matter of fact & kind. I think she's awesome! Smart lady too.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Dr. Rios is THE best GP/family prac. that I have had in years. Caring, extremely knowledgable, helpful and gives great guidance. She has helped me thru several family crisis and I am grateful. She always does the right thing. Sometimes you have to wait 10-15 mins in the room because she is so personable with her patients.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

When I saw Rios, she was patronizing. When I saw her partner, he wrote prescriptions wrong and ignored me. A nurse lied about having contacted me. A prescription was not called in. A rude message left on my answering machine. Now I'm switching doctors, and unlike most practices in the area, they will NOT fax my health records to my new dr. They will only give me a hard copy and charge me $20 for it...plus, an additional fee for copying pages over the limit of 20. They care more about getting people in and out of the doors and making money than they do about patients. It is beyond ridiculous.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010