Ratings for Dr. Samantha M. Maplethorpe

Lakeside Family Physicians has given me every indication that the practice is too full and too busy to care for me. In just 4 months, the office has misfiled my records, lost the information for my first ultrasound, accidentally added 4 weeks to my pregnancy, and the first time I had a scare over blood test results, Maplethorpe ignored my call for over 24 hours and then left for a 2 week vacation. I have not once been able to speak to Dr. Maplethorpe over the phone. Recently I experienced abdominal pain and called for help, thinking I was in preterm labor. A message said the on call physician would call me back in 20 minutes. It's been 4 days and still no call. I ended up in the ER, and after 14 hours of hospitalization, no one could locate Dr. Maplethorpe, even after calling her home and cell phone. Finally, over 24 hours later, she called briefly to say it was her day off. In all my life, I've never met a Dr. who cared so little for me or my baby.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Mapplethorpe is the most amazing doctor, she is kind/caring, takes her time, *listens,* and never rushes. I travel a half-hour to see her, and tried doctors more locally only to return to Mapplethorpe because of her excellence. I was surprised to read a rating saying that she never returned calls, though the office staff are busy, one quick email and my issues were always resolved. The nursing staff is super knowledgable too.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr Maplethorpe has an excellent bedside manner. She is very helpful with my questions. My only comment with the family care, is that the communication could be better with regards to lab results and follow-up care.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Dr. Mapplethorpe is a fantastic doctor. She listens very intently, follows up promptly, and is genuinely interested in her patients. She comes highly recommended. She even emailed me (which is my prefered form of communication) to follow up on the medicine I was taking. Very happy!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Best doctor on the eastside, period. She listens, cares, and includes her patients in their own plan for recovery. Smart, kind, makes one feel respected. This doc rocks! Added big bonus: her nurse, Lisa. A raven haired beauty who is obviously teeming with medical knowledge ansd can answer any question one throws at her - correctly. Lisa is always in a good mood; she has the softest touch, kindest heart (not to mention curvacious feminine figure) and most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. I can't figure out why she is unmarried, but my wife and I agree that if she (wife) expires, I can ask Lisa to marry me.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

Wow! Our best experience with a doctor and office ever! Dr. Maplethorpe was instrumental in the diagnosis of a chronic disease I now know I've had for many years. She is now the primary care physician for our entire family - including our 3 yr old boys - so we've had lots of experience with her in the last year. :) She is a referral from a friend, and I would not hesitate to refer anyone else!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2007

Put on meds with bad side effects, would not return msgs left for two days and would not return after hours request to discuss situation.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2007

Dr. Samantha M. Maplethorpe's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Issaquah, WA