Ratings for Dr. Gerry Schwalfenberg

If you have a recurring issue, every time you go to see him, it's like starting all over again. You need to consistently remind him of what you have previously tried, and he has a tendency to suggest claims with only anecdotal evidence from his career as a physician.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

He is much more pleasant then his crotchety receptionist. She was rude and inappropriate to my family member on the phone. She needs to go. The doctor was only half listening and we left feeling that we had no answers to my mothers issue.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Schwalfenberg almost as long as he has been in practice. He delivered both my children. He takes the time to be thorough. He takes family medicine seriously as a career and teaches it at the university. He takes a holistic approach to treatment and does not push medication unless it is absolutely required. A treasured memory is when he came out on a Saturday night to see my infant daughter with an ear infection. He is also connected to an after hours clinic for emergent situations that fall out of regular office hours.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I have been coming to him 10 years and yet he still does not pay attention to a word I say, I have to keep pushing and pushing him to listen to me

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

I have been going to this Dr for 20+ years. He looks into the issues and explores the possibilities. He provides advice on non-prescription treatment options and does not prescribe things that are not needed. It does take a long time to get an appointment - have to go to a clinic if something comes up quickly.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr Schwalfenberg has been my Dr since I was young. He cares about his patients. I am very pleased with his medical advice. His receptionist Patti is friendly, helpful and pleasant. I hope he never retires so that I can go to him forever. Expect to wait at least 30 min for your appointment but it is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

I have been a patient of his for 30 or so years and will not see any other. I trust his advice as he is clear,consise and well understanding and fair.Not only does he understand herbal and vitamin benefits but holds insight to alternative benefits outside pharma industry.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

This Dr and his assistant are truly the worst that I ghave ever seen. She is very uncooporateve and rude. The DR. keeps patients for extreemly long periods of times and always has some sort of un accepatable accuse. Whe you actually get to see him, he talks moe about him self, and treats it more as a social call then an acutual medical appointmnet. The patient is always asked to come back after tests even if there is nothing to report. He is the worst Dr. I have ever met.. There are many more negative things to say, I just dont have the time.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

I have been seeing this doctor for 25 years. He is a good doctor, but lately he leaves too many times in the middle of your visit. I feel that he is not listening properly to why I am there because of it. I feel you have to push him more than in the past. But he is a kind doctor.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2007

Great Family Doctor, is willing to look deeper into preventative treatments.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2007