Ratings for Dr. Russell W. Read

i have been dr read's patient for greater than 10 years. he correctly diagnosed and successfully treated a very painful recurring inflammatory eye disease using what was then considered treatment of last resort. i consider him a compassionate and competent practitioner who has arranged to see me whenever necessary despite the demands of an enormous practice and continued research. he has involved me in all treatment decisions after providing the needed information and answering all my questions. i appreciate the care he has provided and would absolutely recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Sometime an apology goes a long way. I've yet to get one regarding my March 12, 2013 visited with Physician Russell Reed at the Callahan Eye Foundation where he was, in my opinion, very obtuse. He showed me very little consideration, compassion or benevolence. At one point, I tried to describe my symptoms to him and he literally interrupted me and said he would discuss my concerns at later point in the exam; at a time when he was ready and then he stood up and left me sitting in the chair. There is a big difference between a physician with credentials and a doctor who can establish rapport and optimize communication. I would not refer anyone to him. I researched Physician Read and his Bio looked so promising. I was looking so forward to meeting him and building a Dr./Pt. relationship. However, within the first few minutes of meeting him, I realized I had made a mistake and he shattered my image of him. I was truly saddened. Bradley Harden

flag | Submitted November 3, 2013

Bringing me up from disappointment and despair to hope and elation, Dr. Read has proven to be a true professional in his field. As a BSRC patient there is often little hope but with Dr. Read's careful evaluation, treatment and procedures he has proven that this rare disease can be brought under control. I am so very thankful to be able to now see clearly so that I can write this review and I highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

I visited with Physician Russell Read today at the Callahan Eye Foundation and he was, in my opinion, very obtuse. He showed me very little consideration, compassion or benevolence. At one point, I tried to describe my symptoms to him and he literally interrupted me and said he would discuss my concerns at later point in the exam; at a time when he was ready and then he stood up and left me sitting in the chair. There is a big difference between a physician with credentials and a doctor who can establish rapport and optimize communication. I would not refer anyone to him. I researched Physician Read and his Bio looked so promising. I was looking so forward to meeting him and building a Dr./Pt. relationship. However, within the first few minutes of meeting him, I realized I had made a mistake and he shattered my image of him. I was truly saddened.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr. Russell W. Read's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Commercial Insurance Company