Ratings for Dr. William Taylor

I gave one star because they don't have the option of no stars. I had a severe itch and it was severe. I had it for over three years and my family Doctor suspected allergies. I finally got a referral ti see Taylor and was told it wasn't allergy related (by the nurse) and that was the route the Doctor took. So from there it was a year of creams, shampoos, and ointments that only made the symptoms worse. I went and seen an allergy specialist in Calgary and found out I am now allergic to my daughter's bird. No more bird , no more itch and no more Dr. Taylor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I agree with all the negative reviews of this doctor, staff and facilities. But I would be more harsh. My husband and I discussed leaving after being rudely received at reception. The office makes you question the doctor and staff's personal and professional hygiene. Our experience was the same. Two "staff" abruptly came into the room, left the door open and told my husband to lift up his shirt. They barked questions at him. Then the one wrote something down. Then the "Doctor " came in. Can't confirm it was him because he never introduced himself. The staff who was writing something down spoke to him, he signed it and out he went. Not one word. The staff handed us a piece of paper and out they went. 6 months we waited for the appointment. "Dr. Taylor" and his staff she be ashamed of themselves. Drive 6 hours if you have to. This experience was appalling to say the least. At the medical advice- that came from the staff member...needless to say we got a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Saw him two years ago. All the negative reviews accurately describe my experience seeing him. I found his nurse to be ok - but I was referred to a specialist, not a specialists nurse. Had the first appointment after lunch, the waiting room was already full plus he didn't enter the building until 2 hours later. Lots of threats about missed appointments, make sure you're early, and the grand one of call exactly one week before your appointment to confirm. He does not respect anyone's time. What's with the toothbrush on the paper towel holder in the exam room? Also he had a free take what you want jam jar pile on his coffee table in the waiting means someone's recycling? I think that doctors that refer to him should be a patient once so they can experience his oddities. They would pick another dr for referrals.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

The only reason he is umber 1 is that he is the only one in town!!!! Can't figure out why we don't get another dermitoligist??? It is like he has a legal monopoly!!! Ratings now. Staff - the receptionist seems to be the only person who you can give a rating too and that is marginal. I think she was a nice person but poisoned by were she works which has sapped her of being her. Dr. Taylor's wife - Margaret tries to help. She will at least talk too u like s person. The nurse is rude. She does the diagnosing for Dr. Taylor. Then there is Dr. Taylor himself. All he cares about is chess and his folk music. Never on time. The only time he will talk too you is when he is making $ with biopsies. He talked to me one day and then the next day I passed him in the hall and he did not even acknowledge me and I was in to see him less then 24 hours before!!!! He maybe a smart man. But he has no people skills and is very stuck on himself. He office needs a cleaning. Last time it was cleaned looks like in the 90's. Recommend to go out of city to see a dermitoligist. However, I have heard they are all the same!!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Took my son in to express my concerns regarding a mole that we have been monitoring. The 'nurse' came in, didn't even close the exam room door, told my son to lift up his shirt, and then proceeded to say this is an ordinary mole and not to worry. Where's the doctor? She said she has been working there for 11 years and she has never seen a mole turn into anything dangerous. What? I don't care how long you've been there! Where's the doctor? My concerns as a parent were disregarded and when I asked if we could have the mole removed she said everyone had to consent including my son who is only 11. The last time I checked, an 11-year-old can't make a medical decision especially when he has never had any type of procedure done before and is obviously scared about how it all goes. I was not impressed at all. Staff is unkind and doesn't take the time to discuss concerns at all.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

Do not go to Dr. Taylor. Don't listen to anyone on this site that gives him a high rating. When you go into the patient room you will be approached by a nurse (if she is a nurse). She is very rude, does not listen to you, makes her own diagnosis of your problem, then goes and tells Dr. Taylor what she believes is the problem. He will then come in for a couple of minutes to give you medicine for her diagnosis. This is a very dangerous situation. I ended up with all kinds of terrible side effects from the medicine that was given to me. You will come home upset, angry, and with more problems than you went in for.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Taylor has done wonders for me. He took time to explain things clearly and has been very thorough and professional on every visit I have made to his office over the padt year and a half.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Go anywhere but here!!! He makes you wait while he is soliciting money for Musical Theatre and Chess.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Doctor Taylor for all the years I was in Medicine Hat I would like to thank you for keeping my skin looking its best. Your an AMAZING specialist and I think you are one of a kind. While there are difficult patients to deal with you just have to smile and shake it off! Have a most amazing day!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Went for my son's 2nd visit, will never return. Asked staff if they were on schedule, they said they were ahead. Guess that means only 45mins wait instead of 1.5hrs like the first visit. Nurse asked how my 3yr old was, if I needed more creams or anything, wrote out our script. Dr. Taylor came in, didn't even LOOK at my son, scribbled his name on the script, muttered to make an appt. for 6 months and if no change he was cured and left - not even 30 seconds in the room. Can't believe he charges our gov't for these appt's, complete waste of time.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015