Ratings for Dr. William Taylor

I seem to have had a totally different experience to everyone else. Although I did have to wait a while the staff where all extremely nice. The Nurse first came in and asked me lots of questions about my problem, which she then wrote down for the doctor but I found her to be really nice unlike other comments. Then Dr Taylor came in and thouroughly examined the area and told me that my condition was benign so I didn't need a biopsy, he then told me I could either leave it or if it bothered me I could get treatment which they preceded to give me straight away. He also diagnosed me with another condition which I had suspected for years without me even mentioning it to him. He was even humming away to himself while writing down notes which made me chuckle. He gave me lots of information and broshures for my conditions to take home and read. So although he may be a little different than other doctors I really can't find anything bad to say about my experience.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

A perfect example of the problems with our healthcare system in Alberta. Unless it is about chess or jazz music go some place else. King of arrogance!!!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

When you see this many dislikes on a product on a buying site like Amazon you wouldn't buy the item. So why would you trust your life to a man that doesn't care. Head to Lethbridge or Calgary. The Man is clueless and rude.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Waited 45 minutes after my scheduled apt. to see the doctor. As I waited patiently and snooped around I found a vial of xylocain and 2 vials of kenalog left open on a desk. 2 nurses came in after me waiting 15 minutes have their 2 bits. Then the doctor Came in, as I was about to discard this apt. No intro, no manners, no discussion. I didn't agree with his aproach or care plan and when asked questions I got a 2 word answer and he was gone. I work in health care and this was not professional. I wanted to discard what i had heard about him through the community prior to this apt. but he lived up to everyone's negative impressions. Would sugest to find another dermatologist even if you had to travel to another country. Dr. Taylor could benefit from some socialization skills and some professionalism seminars. Health care these days are much about customer service as any other job.. If too many people are unsatisfied then eventually you will go out of business, as someone out there can do a better job!

Submitted September 30, 2016

Reading one of the only positive comments a couple comments down made me feel like it HAD to have been written by him or his staff. I can't imagine anyone having a positive experience there. It's been a year since I had my appointment and I'm still angered by it and the fact that he's still allowed to be a dr. As for that person praising him on "dealing with difficult patients and just shaking it off" pretty sure 90% of the comments on here are from people he DIDNT EVEN TALK TO. Pretty hard to be a "difficult patient" when you don't even get given a chance to talk to him. Please, do not waste your time! It is not worth it and you will be left feeling angry, disrespected and in disbelief.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

I gave one star because they don't have the option of no stars. I had a severe itch and it was severe. I had it for over three years and my family Doctor suspected allergies. I finally got a referral ti see Taylor and was told it wasn't allergy related (by the nurse) and that was the route the Doctor took. So from there it was a year of creams, shampoos, and ointments that only made the symptoms worse. I went and seen an allergy specialist in Calgary and found out I am now allergic to my daughter's bird. No more bird , no more itch and no more Dr. Taylor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I agree with all the negative reviews of this doctor, staff and facilities. But I would be more harsh. My husband and I discussed leaving after being rudely received at reception. The office makes you question the doctor and staff's personal and professional hygiene. Our experience was the same. Two "staff" abruptly came into the room, left the door open and told my husband to lift up his shirt. They barked questions at him. Then the one wrote something down. Then the "Doctor " came in. Can't confirm it was him because he never introduced himself. The staff who was writing something down spoke to him, he signed it and out he went. Not one word. The staff handed us a piece of paper and out they went. 6 months we waited for the appointment. "Dr. Taylor" and his staff she be ashamed of themselves. Drive 6 hours if you have to. This experience was appalling to say the least. At the medical advice- that came from the staff member...needless to say we got a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Saw him two years ago. All the negative reviews accurately describe my experience seeing him. I found his nurse to be ok - but I was referred to a specialist, not a specialists nurse. Had the first appointment after lunch, the waiting room was already full plus he didn't enter the building until 2 hours later. Lots of threats about missed appointments, make sure you're early, and the grand one of call exactly one week before your appointment to confirm. He does not respect anyone's time. What's with the toothbrush on the paper towel holder in the exam room? Also he had a free take what you want jam jar pile on his coffee table in the waiting means someone's recycling? I think that doctors that refer to him should be a patient once so they can experience his oddities. They would pick another dr for referrals.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

The only reason he is umber 1 is that he is the only one in town!!!! Can't figure out why we don't get another dermitoligist??? It is like he has a legal monopoly!!! Ratings now. Staff - the receptionist seems to be the only person who you can give a rating too and that is marginal. I think she was a nice person but poisoned by were she works which has sapped her of being her. Dr. Taylor's wife - Margaret tries to help. She will at least talk too u like s person. The nurse is rude. She does the diagnosing for Dr. Taylor. Then there is Dr. Taylor himself. All he cares about is chess and his folk music. Never on time. The only time he will talk too you is when he is making $ with biopsies. He talked to me one day and then the next day I passed him in the hall and he did not even acknowledge me and I was in to see him less then 24 hours before!!!! He maybe a smart man. But he has no people skills and is very stuck on himself. He office needs a cleaning. Last time it was cleaned looks like in the 90's. Recommend to go out of city to see a dermitoligist. However, I have heard they are all the same!!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Took my son in to express my concerns regarding a mole that we have been monitoring. The 'nurse' came in, didn't even close the exam room door, told my son to lift up his shirt, and then proceeded to say this is an ordinary mole and not to worry. Where's the doctor? She said she has been working there for 11 years and she has never seen a mole turn into anything dangerous. What? I don't care how long you've been there! Where's the doctor? My concerns as a parent were disregarded and when I asked if we could have the mole removed she said everyone had to consent including my son who is only 11. The last time I checked, an 11-year-old can't make a medical decision especially when he has never had any type of procedure done before and is obviously scared about how it all goes. I was not impressed at all. Staff is unkind and doesn't take the time to discuss concerns at all.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016