Rate Dr. William Taylor

Dr. William Taylor's Ratings

Nobody in Medicine Hat as attentive or thorough as doc Taylor and his staff.. It's the first place in Medicine Hat my health was taken seriously and he's the reason I'm not a problem to society. Some diagnosis aren't easy but he will find it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2895049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2015

Best clinic in town :) Dr Taylor and his staff will work to get your results and listen to your needs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2873527].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Unfortunately, Dr. Taylor's staff was super rude. Don't go in there. Don't waste your time. Ask your family doctor for a specialist referral in Lethbridge or Calgary.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2870482].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Go elsewhere!!!!!!!!!! Please do not waste your time!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2869361].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I have been one of his numerous patients for years and always found Dr Taylor very professional and no nonsense. He is an expert in his field and his help and treatment has stopped me from having to put up with years of discomfort. I would recommend him to anyone who needed the services of a dermatologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I can't believe all the negative comments! I have been seeing Dr Taylor for quite some time now, and I find him and his staff very knowledgeable and kind. He is definitely not punctual, but then, I have never been to a doctor that has! There are emergencies and delays that come up that are beyond their control! I waited 4 hours at the Childrens Hospital for my daughters neurology appointment...so patience people..patience! I have had all my questions answered by Dr Taylor and by his staff..they take very good care of me. Thumbs up Doc
Taylor and staff!!(and by the way..I very much enjoy his quirkiness..)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2840623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

It is quite unfortunate that Dr. Taylor is the only option for a Dermatologist in Medicine Hat. It appears that this doctor way overbooks his day as both times I have gone to see him I had to wait around 45 minutes past my appointment time. When we finally got in we only saw him for a minute before he rushed on to the next patient, not even allowing any questions. I was also very disappointed with the cleanliness and condition of the clinic (I thought we lived in Alberta, not a 3rd world country). This medical practice appears to be a money grab and it is unfortunate that our health care system is paying these types of doctors for basically doing nothing.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2769661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Boy oh boy has this man's practice degraded over the years. I think it's time for him to either seriously consider voluntary retirement or to modify how he conducts himself professionally (let alone personally). His knowledge is average to above average to me but I'm just one anecdote amongst many. He figured out what I had and has helped me over the years with the condition as well as some other people I know. His staff really suck at times but overall are average. I think I feel sorry for them.They are working under alot of psychopathology and probably have expectations that hamper their ability to be nice all the time. These positives are almost irrelevant in the face of his professionalism.

He needs to relearn that the medical system in it's entirety exists to serve PATIENTS. I don't mind if doctors are well compensated for their time and I can appreciate that the job sucks on many levels but how this kind of practice can persist despite well over 40 unprompted terribly negative reviews is beyond me. It's pretty sad when other physicians have to warn patients about the consultant that they're sending them to. I'm going to hazard a guess that many physicians refer directly to Lethbridge or to Calgary.

Doctor Taylor seriously needs to read all these reviews below and reflect on why people are so mad. He probably won't but I'm sure everyone can agree that he should. His knowledge isn't bad but nobody cares because he's so unpersonable.

Here are a few suggestions on how to not be so off-putting that everyone and their dog will hate you apriori of whatever treatment you give them. The list of rules that patients sign is a ridiculously stupid idea. I'm sure that you are just verbalizing something that many physicians think back you really need to get rid of it. Don't ask patients to do things that you aren't prepared to do yourself. Don't ask me to respect your time when you can't be bothered to run an office punctually and to give me more than 30 seconds worth of your time after I've waited to see you. I don't expect or require 15 minutes to rant or rave or cry or whatever but just a few minutes. 10 years ago it was 5 minutes, now it's down to 60 seconds. Come on man.

Fix your office up and be more cogniscent of your physical appearance. I know this may not be directly related to the diagnosis of medical ailments but it does affect treatment. If I have no confidence in how you present yourself (cut your f****** hair please), that might affect how I perceive your treatment. Replace furniture that hasn't been replaced since you bought your office 20 years ago. Seriously.

Practice your non-verbal cues (the verbal ones need work as well). Eye contact is necessary for patient interaction. Sit with an open stance. This is first year medical school stuff...maybe you should listen to that student of yours.

All of your personal interests and personal baggage should be left at the door. Nobody wants to hear about chess or CKUA or music or whatever man. If you know someone really well then sure...why not. But I don't know you that well and I think it's really unprofessional to talk about it. As a patient there is a tremendous power imbalance. I don't have the ability to nicely tell you that I don't want to listen to your irrelevant nonsense. You need to respect that and me by not getting into it.

If you're going to do non-work related things at work do it discretely...I guess that's OK as long as you are on time and as long as I don't notice you doing it after I've waited hours to see you. Close the door to your office. Have some common sense; incidentally, he should close the door to his supply room as well...what a mess.

You can have your assistant interview me and examine me and do whatever else needs to be done. It speeds things up, I get it. But you need to confirm and oversee that process while conveying that you care and that you are the doctor and not your assistant. You don't convey that. That's not acceptable.

Man this is such a waste of my time to write this but for all his faults he has helped me and least this way I can convey my frustrations anonymously; and who knows...maybe he will actually read this stuff and realize that he needs to get is act together. This is really basic patient centered care stuff. You would fail many of your medical rotations today (if you got into medical school at all) based on how you interact with patients and other professionals. I don't care if this is hard for you to do...if it was easy, everyone would be doctors. You get paid well, it's time to start earning it or get the hell out of the business.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2749835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

My visit to Dr. Taylor's office was a very divisive one psychologically. At first brush, I'm inclined to gave him a 1/5 on at least 3 of the parameters. But after reflecting on it after a little while, I'm going to deviate (slightly) from the reviews below. I've had a chronic skin condition that has been misdiagnosed for several years by several different physicians (including other dermatologists). Dr. Taylor did successfully treat it and properly diagnose it. I've also had several friends and family members who were helped by Dr. Taylor's treatment (in spite of his horrendously unprofessional conduct and office environment). In fact, this is the only reason I actually braved his office. His reputation proceeds him.

I think it's probably pretty easy (and I would argue perhaps unfairly) to downgrade his knowledge and his staff. His staff are to me consistently average. They are contending with an absolutely TERRIBLE boss. If they were working for a more sane and reasonable employer...I have no doubt they would perform adequately. His knowledge from what I've observed has to be at least OK to poor. If it was terrible, he would have been out on his ass years ago. Traditionally he has made several excellent diagnoses. These are overshadowed however by his terrible personality.

Let's talk about the overarching theme of all these comments: professionalism. Dr. Taylor would probably fail any practice audit, and he certainly needs assistance with figuring out how to properly interact with patients (let alone run a practice). Even the sharpest physician will get awful reviews (with good reason) if they don't treat their patients as people...Dr. Taylor is not the sharpest physician...but I wouldn't say he's below average in intelligence or knowledge. He is definitely in the bottom quartile when it comes to his patient interaction skills and his patient centered care. I hope the college takes note and helps him relearn these skills so that medicine hat can be better served.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2749791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I was sooo happy to get in to see a Dermatologist within a couple weeks of my referral. Now I know why he was not booked up.
This man is worth nothing more than his prescription pad. He will not ask questions, nor allow you the time to ask your own. He was in the office for a total of 45 seconds - not even enough time to read the notes the student doctor had written after speaking with me.
He will give your condition a name and write a prescription. His "physicians assistant" is a completely unperson-able, conceited, biotch. She will grab the pamphlets for the named condition throw them at you and open the door while she says "we will see you again in 6 months, make the appointment on your way out"
Neither of them look you in the eye. If you start to say anything, you will be cut off immediately.
When I expressed concern about the first prescription, he cut me off and said "I will give you a prescription for blah blah, but it will cost 10 times as much" He never explained what it was or how it worked. I had to take it to my pharmacist to get more information.
He had a student doctor that tried to help me by telling him a few things about my condition that I knew she felt he was overlooking. He shut her down just as quickly as me.

We need to put this Doctor out of his misery and the ridiculously unfriendly staff. Please complain to the Alberta College of Physicians & Surgeons and write your MLA. There is no excuse for hundreds of our tax dollars to be paid to this man for 45 seconds of his service. Lets starve him of patients and force him to retire. A good dermatologist is more likely to relocate or start a practice in Medicine Hat if there isn't one already.

He did less for me than my GP and google could. Please ask your GP for a different doctor to refer to.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2746638].votes_count ]]