Ratings for Dr. Antonio Benitez-Gomez

Without a doubt the best physician out there. I feel privileged to have him as my own.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Dr. Benitez is by far the most caring and thorough Dr. I have ever seen. He takes his time, and is generally concerned about my over all well being. He is engaging and informed and respects my ability to discuss complex medical issues. I feel in good hands with him and feel blessed to have him on my side in life. I have a long established relationship with him and am completely open to him. I note in other reviews that first time patients from other Dr. seeking prescriptions without background aren't necessarily given what they want. To me that is another sign of his integrity.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr Benitez of Hilltop Medical Centre has been our family doctor since my husband and I moved here 11 years ago, before that he was (and is) my daughter's family doctor. We were so lucky to be accepted as patients. Dr Benitez has been so kind and caring through several family emergencies even visiting the hospital early in the morning nearly every day when I was hospitalized. He has never been rude or uncaring or hurried, those who complain must be talking about a different doctor. This Dr Benitez is knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Saw him at Morgan Creek walk in Clinic, he appeared uninterested in listening to my symptoms, gave me no feedback on my situation and told me to follow up with my doctore. He was unfriendly, condescending and not compassionate at all....why become a doctor if you aren't going to help your patients?

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Benitez-Gomez has been our family physician for the past 16 years. He is never rude or condescending. In fact, I would describe him as humble and kind. He has always treated my husband, myself and my two daughters with empathy and sincerity. He will make time to see my children any time they are sick and is always happy to see us anywhere we run into him. He has seen me through both of my pregnancies and has cared for my husband through a long term illness. We will always be thankful that Dr. Benitez-Gomez took us on at patients.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I believe many reviewers are confusing Dr. Antonio Benitez-Gomez with Dr. Antonio Benitez. Both are in surrey. The first is a complete gentleman and the second is very condescending and rude. The first is located in White rock and the second is located near Surrey Central.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I couldn't ask for better treatment. He treats me with undeserved respect. All doctors are busy so I wish they would implement a $10 user fee to reduce nuisance appointments and use the funds to get more doctors. I have seen him for 10 years or so and hope works till I die :)

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

I've been treated by a Psychiatrist for depression/anxiety. I've been prescribed meds for both & was making some improvement. My Psychiatrist tried me on a new med and then was going to send info over to my family MD Dr. Benitez for care/prescriptions. She was being reassigned and no other Psychiatrists were taking patients. I made an appt. with Dr. Benitez. He did't listen to me. Said he did not receive any instructions from my Psychiatrist and made it clear that he had no intention of following up with her. I showed him my prescription bottles but he accused me of abusing meds. He would not fill my prescription & I was left with a three day supply......needless to say the anxiety increased. He talked to me very rudely and was angry and condescending. I asked him "what am I going to do?" in tears. He just shrugged and said go back to my other Doctor,when I had already said she had been reassigned and I could not get a referral to another Psychiatrist as none were taking new patients.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

I have chronic, severe back pain for which I have to take low-level narcotic medication. As I am waiting on X-Ray results, I did not want to bother my GP, who is at the same clinic, until he had those tests back. In the meantime I ended up having to visit the walk-in clinic in severe pain and completely out of medication. This guy treated me like a drug addict who was shopping for prescriptions, though he had online access to medical files and complete medication history. He even told me they would get a "warning" letter from the college if I didn't see my own doctor (who is very busy) only for prescription refills. What a total jerk. Zero empathy and utterly devoid of bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

A wonderful family doctor. Really cares for his patients. He has given me yearly medicals for the past twenty years and has discussed the results of every one with me.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011