Ratings for Dr. Antonio Benitez-Gomez

Not impressed. Another Dr. in clinic prescribed Blood Pressure pills 3 months ago. Needed a new prescription from this Dr. (I use the term loosely) and explained my issues. Would not do it and advised to see my personal Dr. I explained she was not available for two weeks. Gave me lecture about BP not cureable and I would have it until I died. Explained how I should take my own BP - both feet on ground, back supported etc. Finally he did took my BP with my feet dangling from the medical bed and no back rest?? Said it was high and to come back and see him in two weeks. Not sure why he wanted to see me as he was not prepared to give me medication. Left frustrated with BP higher than when I went in. Too bad BC has a Dr. shortage

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

The first thing you hear as this poor excuse for a doctor enters the room is quack quack quack. My daughter was having a lot of stomach issues and the nurse at 811 suggested that she ask the doctor for a referral to the dietician at Peace Arch Hospital for some help with diet. after waiting for quite a few months I asked the office manager what was happening and was told that there are no referrals if someone wants to lose weight. I don't know if there is a language problem or just a lack of intelligence problem but he certainly cannot handle even the simplest request. I shudder to think what could happen if one needed real medical care. Do not understand why he is allowed to see patients.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I thought IMPERSONATING a Doctor in Canada would be ILLEGAL!!!! Apparently NOT!! I had the GIANT MISFORTUNE of having to Face Down this BUBBLING, PUSTULATING, INGRATE, As he sits before me reading my Paperwork (Of which I have Copious Amounts, Complete with Detailed Diagnosis From Terrific Doctors over a 32 year treatment period.) I only wanted Meds, I'd been on for 15 Years, for "Heart-burn" and Frequent Urination and Anti-Seizure" Pretty Serious DRUG WAR!!! Stuff Huh??? Soooo DR. BOZO here began to Grunt, and Groan something under his breath. He starts "Literally" Quaking and Trembling. Then He jumps out of his chair (in a very Latino Lover Daytime Soap Star Manner.) And Screams in my Face "I DON'T BELIEVE A WORD........I'm going to LOOK YOU UP! I say "Go Ahead "NOTHING EXISTS!" In a couple of minutes (Smoke break I guess)..He cones "STORMING" into the room Screaming "I'm WITH HOLDING YOUR MEDS. DUE TO YOUR EXTENSIVE CRIMINAL RECORD!!!!!" That he had just Apparently just MADE UP!!! That makes this man A......whats that called again oh yea.....A LIAR. I suppose this also Brands Him as "INCOMPETENT, HOSTILE, UNPROFESSIONAL Not just UN-COMPASSIONATE But He"s Literally ANTI-COMPASSIONATE and a TRUE DISGRACE to the PROFESSION, not to mention a DANGER TO SOCIETY! Had I not been so darn Sick, and just went home....I wanted to get an RCMP Detective to come and I DEMAND you ARREST this IMPOSTOR. I truly feel sorry for Any One That has been"FOOLED" by This Creature of Medicine???? FROM Some of the other posts about this "TOOL" You will be JUST FINE....IF YOU JUST HAPPEN TO BE OF HIS APPROPRIATE "RACE"....BOY.....AS A FULL BLOODED CANADIAN, FULLY TRAINED AGAINST RACISM, BY A MAN WHO HAD JUST RETURNED with my UNCLES +FRIENDS.......FROM "KICKING HITLER'S BUTT"...... IT Truly HURTS ME!!! and DISGUSTS ME!! To even Have to SAY THIS!! THANKS IMPOSTOR!!! AS MY DAD "TURNS IN HIS GRAVE!"

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

The worst doctor you can possibly imagine. No effort to diagnose or treat. No sympathy. Do not listen. He should retire!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

He is the worse doctor I have ever dealt with. He never listen to me, he has not treated me for problems. I go to the walk in clinic and usually have more success in getting help. I have friends who feel the same, if he's working in the clinic, they wait until an other doctor replaces him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Misdiagnosed and no sympathy. He doesn't want to even give me and family the necessary tests or referrals and he always tells us do you know how much it costs. Terrible doctor. I will never ever recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Misdiagnosed me on two consecutive visits for scabies. I went to another doctor who immediately recognized the scabies (which was now advanced) and I received treatment. I went back to Gomez and he still denied me ever having scabies and chalked it down to dry skin!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Would never recommend this doctor. Doesn't listen, seems to be collecting a pay check and that's it

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Very difficult to understand and when we finally do, he doesn't want to do anything. Me, my wife and two daughters have fired this doctor. We've each had individual issues that he has dismissed and we've visited another doctor that has made diagnosis on and treated. Dr Gomez seems to lack knowledge and confidence in the Canadian medical system. Whatever system he has been trained in does not equate to Canadian standards

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I saw this doctor this morning at the walk in clinic. he was very helpful, dealt with my problem with kindness and concern and sent me home with the medication that I needed to make me better. What more could I want?

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017