Ratings for Dr. Lori S. Wenzel

Dr. Wenzel is absolutely fabulous! She is smart, listens to your concerns, and takes a very proactive approach when there are any concerns! She calls personally to follow up on anything and treats you like a member of her own family! Highly recommend as she is truly the best!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I like Dr. Wenzel very much. She is knowledgeable and kind. She is very busy, and as a result, I have come to expect to wait on her at every appointment. I figure she is taking care of people who need her a little more at that moment; like me when I was in labor with my son, or when I miscarried and had to have a D & C.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr Wenzel is the best! She was direct and to the point but also extremely compassionate too! I needed that. We had a rough end to our pregnancy and when we needed to induce early rather than risk a poor outcome for our baby she got it done. She was caring with her follow up and checked on us each day. We were very impressed and if we are lucky enough to have another there is no one else we would trust! She was a blessing for our family. Thank you very much Dr. Wenzel!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Dr. Wenzel was wonderful to me and my husband throughout my pregnancy. She makes you feel comfortable and treats you like a friend. She is a busy Dr. and does move quickly through the appointment, but always takes the time to answer questions and do a thorough exam. I can't say enough good about her. I think the wait time at this office has improved in the last two years.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable, extremely communicative and excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. Wenzel is fabulous. She is compassionate, kind, knowledgeable, and dependable. She delivered all of my children and was amazing! I would highly recommend her if you want a reliable, safe, personal, and intimate experience for your family. The only negative is wait time in the clinic because the practice is so busy!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

She is induce happy. Doesn't want you to go a week over and refuses to let you go more than 2 weeks over. She is intelligent but seems to have problems listening and thinks she always knows best. Spends very little time with you and is never on time. Seems to play favorites and will skip you over. I think she worries to much about malpractice or something. If she would listen better and stop always thinking Babies need to arrive on time or early then she would be great again.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

I could not have asked for a better doctor. Dr. Wenzel makes you feel like you've been best friends for years! She is always very thoughtful, intelligent and well mannered. She goes the extra mile to make everyone feel comfortable. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Wenzel delivered both of our children C-Section as well as performing a D&C following a misscarriage. She's been very warm and personable throughout, we love her like a member of our own family. She's thorough and communicative and remembers details of her patients and their lives even when you see her on the street. The only negative we have is that the practice is very busy and wait times can be extraordinary there.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

After a disastrous birth at the UIHC, I went to Dr. Wenzel for my second child. She was patient, kind, to-the-point, direct, very thorough in both her examinations and explanations, and both my baby and I sailed through a difficult c-section with no complications. I cannot recommend her highly enough. She is remarkable. She and her entire OB/GYN practice are very busy, and so do not have extra time to spend with each visit, but she is thorough and talented and smart.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2007

Dr. Lori S. Wenzel's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)