Ratings for Dr. A. Elfiky

So sad that our beloved Dr. Elfiky has essentially retired. He is a listener and a payer of attention. He's a long, hard thinker about what's going on with you and how to best help you. He's a carer and an empathizer. He's a cooperative practitioner. and an enthusiastic people person We have long trusted his advice. We love him for his tremendous capability and kindness. We will miss him, and we wish him well in his retirement with his very lucky family. We sure like when he shows up as a locum doctor at his former clinic! :)

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I have been seeing this doctor for my whole life of 26 years. I view him as a hero. I have yet to see some thing that has stumped him. He helps people above and beyond his role. I have been though the horrible mental health system in the province of Alberta. With out his hard work i would have never been able to make it this far. I can't put into words how amazing this doctor is.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

He has been my Doctor for over 34 years. My grown children and my daughters children also go to him. I am sad to say that he is working less hours now...but well deserved. I am truly going to miss him when he fully retires.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Ours for thirty years, two of my grown children still have him even though they live in Edmonton. I almost never have to wait as I book very early in AM. Now approaching seventy and he can answer all my ageing questions. Will not give me something just because I want it or read about it. Great Doctor, also has a sense of humore.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2014

Been seeing him for many many years and is a great doctor. He listens well and is very attention to my needs. The staff however seem to book appointments too close together and you sometimes way a VERY long time for your appointment.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

I have foot pain and went to several foot specialist who sell me inserts for my shoes. Dr. E. gave me exersises to do and they work better then the inserts! I can't even describe the many problems I have had in the past that he has been able to solve for me. He uses simple explainations that even a child could understand. When my daughter decided to find her own Dr. she was dispointed with them. Dr E. knows her and her health record. She now has Dr. E as her family doctor and when she has children she will take them to him, and like me we know we will get the best care possible.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr Elficky has always been wonderful to me and my children. He saw me while I was pregnant (until I had to switch to the ObGyn) and saw the children when they were born. My kids aways liked to go to the Dr., he always had a big hug and smile for them. I never left his office feeling that my concerns hadn't been taken care of. He is the best and I would reccomend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2009

I'm so surprised that any has any negative comments about Dr. Elfiky. I've seen him all my life and my child sees him too! He's fantastic and always knows what's going on. I've found him to be very proactive and will refer to a specialist no problem. I love him!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Elfiky has neglected to identify serious medical concerns of my family members. Fortunately, we have pursued these concerns with other doctors who have accurately diagnosed and treated them. This seems to be increasingly a concern and we are definitely looking for a new doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

I think that this Doctor should nto even be in the practice anymore. Someone I know has been going to see him for years and went to him a few years back with a swollen foot and rash. He sent them home with Celebrex and told him to keep his foot out of cold water. Later on that year this man went to another doctor only to find out his swollen foot and rash were due to a lung disease. Celebrex did nto do anything but give him bad side effects. And what kind of advice is.."don't put your swollen foot in cold water?" Extreemly scary to know that people are being treated by someone like this.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2008