Ratings for Dr. D.G. Forster

dr. forster did not introduce himself, was very rude and abrasive - he interrogated me about why another clinic did not send me for blood work when it was the "obvious thing to do." when i told him i was prescribed antibiotics for strep throat (even though both my throat swabs were negative) he berated me for taking them even though i was told by two different physicians at another clinic to finish the medication. i asked him to update my file (for the purposes of notifying the locum for my GP in that same office) to state that i am currently on medical leave from work but i made it clear that i was not there for any treatment plan and/or referrals. i figured if i was already at the clinic getting my throat examined, it wouldn't hurt to update my file so the locum could follow up with me upon their return. he then told me he "didn't have time to sit around and listen to all my problems" when i never asked him to. when i asked how long it was would take for my blood work results to come back, he mumbled his response the first time and i did not hear him properly. i asked again because i didn't think he heard me. and he snapped at me and said " i JUST told you that, friday... like i JUST said." it was an awful experience and dr. forster has zero bedside manners - i have never been treated this way by a physician before. i normally don't post reviews because i can't be bothered, but this experience was so awful that i couldn't keep it to myself. based on his other reviews it seems as though i am not the only one who was rubbed the wrong way by his presentation. i will DEFINITELY not be seeing this doctor again.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

This doctor over prescribes and tries sending you to the pharmacy attached to the clinic.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

This doctor nearly killed my mom. She saw him at the Jubilee Clinic where she was doubled over with extreme pain on her lower right side. I had suggested appendicitis to her before she left for the clinic with my dad. He sent her home and told her to buy some tums for her "indigestion." My dad took her to the emergency room, and she required emergency surgery to remove her burst appendix. The doctors at the hospital said she could easily have died after going into septic shock. To top it off, he visited her in the hospital a few days later and told her "how glad he was she followed his advice to go to the emergency room," so as to create a lie to protect himself from disciplinary or legal action. Scum of the earth individual.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

i did not find this doctor helpful at all. I won't be going back to the Jubilee clinic.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

Hates his job. Hates his patients. He needs to retire. Just went in to get some stitches removed from a mole removal, and he was confrontational about why I had cut that required stitches. Apparently he didn't read my chart, and thought I should be treated like a thug for having had stitches. He asked why I had a mole removed. I told him my regular doctor said it should come off because it looked like it should get tested for melanoma. He then told me no one my age (30) gets skin cancer, and it was so rare that it was a waste of his time. He never saw the mole to be able to diagnose it either way. Then he proceeded to treat me like an inconvenience for having to remove my stitches. He was very rough with the removal, and he caused the wound to open up and bleed, and it took months for it heal properly. When I asked what the results were on the lab tests for the mole, he laughed at my question like I was an idiot. Worst beside manor ever.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Rude, rude and rude. Talks to you like he doesn't care whatsoever what you are saying.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Took my son in to the walk in clinic. He'd been extremely sleepy and sick for days and had a headache that wouldn't go away. Dr. Forster diagnosed him with a sinus infection without even examining him. Prescribed antibiotics even though no fever. A second opinion and a blood test the next day confirmed mono. Gruff and grumpy - wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

I went to Dr. Forster with what I thought was a minor problem. He spent an appropriate amount of time diagnosing me and found a problem that if left untreated would have killed me within days and which with the treatment he gave me was totally cured in as many days. I was later told by another physician that most doctors would not have been able to diagnose the problem properly and that I was lucky to have gone to Dr Forster. He may not countenance time wasters and complainers but is more knowledgeable than 90% of other physicians. I'd rather have a doctor who has the skill to save my life than one who is very nice and caring while watching me die. If you want to whine talk to your bartender or hairdresser. If you want to be cured go to Dr. Forster.

Submitted May 27, 2015

Kind of rude, gruff, dismal bedside manor. Seems unhappy with his job.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

No introduction. Before sitting down, asks: "what can I do for you?" Gives you the impression that you R not welcome there. Borderline rude and offensive.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014