Ratings for Dr. Timothy W. Urell

I was hoping to establish with a primary care physician for my sister who is of medicare age and has dementia. She is in otherwise excellent health. Completed and submitted all the forms as requested by office staff; apparently the Dr. then decides if he will accept the patient or not. When 3 weeks passed and I heard nothing, I called two times over the next two weeks and was told the paperwork is still "on the doctor's desk " (clearly just a brush off). It's now been almost 6 weeks and I've still heard nothing. Obviously, we've moved on. This is unprofessional treatment to say the least.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

This doctor was a real jerk. Called my wife fat and the only reason she has diabetes is because she got fat.Also said only reason people get type 2 diabetes is because they are fat. Then took money out of his wallet and said here is your copay back. We left the office and went to the receptionist and dr urell followed us and told the receptionist to give us our money back and to take us off his patient list and to never let us back in his office. This kind of action is not very professional of a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

I really enjoy working with Dr. Urell. He is very knowledgeable about my chronic conditions and as a D.O., has helped me get off some prescription meds in favor of healthier, alternative treatments with a lot fewer side effects. He sometimes works with medical students, which I think is great, but it slows down the pace A LOT. I have waited over 90 minutes before when he had a student working with him.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Had a great experience with this doctor. Really took the time to explain test results to me. Talks to you like a normal person and not arrogant. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2008

Dr. Timothy W. Urell's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal