Ratings for Dr. Allan Hignell

Dr. Hignell has seen me through health issues and I've always felt confident in his abilities. He's a wonderfully patient man, with a good sense of humor. Will be very disappointed when he retires!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

needs to retire the sooner the better.He talks on the phone while you're in his office and he dosen't have compassion.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Hignell is completely incompetent. Lacks any compassion and does not listen to his patients. Even if I was on a desert island and he was the only doctor available, I'd still avoid him!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

One of the worst Doctors ever. Don't go to him you could be risking your life

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Probably one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. It's almost as if he didn't know anything and didn't want to save my loved one. He looked like he had a slapped face the whole time. I've heard lots of bad stuff about him and I thought could he really be that bad, and yes he was worse than I thought. I defiantly don't recommend this doctor unless you want to be treated badly and like a useless human being. He is getting old and is taking longer to detect certain things. If he had told us our loved one had what he had before, he would still be here. If you go to this doctor you are risking your life. If he is your doctor at the hospital, make sure you get that changed because it could be a live or death situation. He needs to retire, all the old doctors don't know anything because they didn't have to take the MCAT. God Bless.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

I can’t speak highly enough of Dr.Hignell. My husband had a brain tumor and Dr. Hignell was most upbeat and reassuring in spite of a dismal prognosis. He was very helpful when we were most in need, even giving us his cell phone number and offering house visits.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Hignell was our family phiscian for 20 years. He even helped deliver my twins 16 years ago. My husband had a heart attack in sept of 09 and when he went to see Dr. Hignell compalining of chest pains, Dr. Hignell did not take him seriosly and said he would refer him to a cardiologist (which was scheduled for 3 months later). Thank god i did not agree with this and brought my husband to Emerg. Tests concluded that he did have a heart attack and said that he was a ticking time bomb for a second one. So needless to say my husband had to have surgery. Post surgery Dr. Hignell put my husband on A LOT of drugs, drugs that did not go together and affected my husbands recovery and health for many years. I went to see Dr. Hignell for anxiety attacks and all he would say is that in was all in my head and prescribed beta blockers and anti depressants which i did not take. I switched Dr's finally about 8 months ago and found out it was issues with my Thyroid. D. Hignell needs to retire...my only reget is that i didn't switch sooner.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

In November of 2013 went to Dr Hignell because I had blood in my urine. He told me it was a bladder infection and gave me a prescription. The first prescription didn't work and was given another perscription . At that time I ask to see a specialist and have an ultra sound and blood work done. A few weeks later after finishing the second prescription I was back and was given several prescription through out the year which didn't work. One day after work I was running a fever and went to the walk in clinic near my home and the female doctor there asked if I had been referred to a specialist and I said no and she said that she was going to refer me. In June of 2014 I saw a Uroligist. In July I went for a test at the hospital which led to further testing. In September I ended up in the hospital because I could not pass urine and was in for two weeks, which they did a further examination of the bladder and removed several blood clots and a sample of a Tumor. In October I was told that I had aggressive bladder cancer and needed to have my bladder removed. In December of 2014 I had surgery removing the bladder. My concern is if this had been detected sooner would the results have been the same.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Hignell has been my family doctor for well over 20 years. He has always given me prescriptions instead of any other help. It took 5 years for me to see a specialist for knee because he wanted to try all the different types of medicines out there for pain first. I have keep reminding him that I am over sensitive to drugs and cannot take a lot of them for pain. Recently I went to him about my knee again as it has started grinding while I walk. He wanted to prescribe a new drug to help with the pain and I refused the drug because why spend money on a drug when I can't take it anyways. He finally agreed to send me for X-rays. If you go to see this doctor make sure you tell him exactly what you would like done or you will walk out with a prescription.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

It is time for Dr. Hignell to retire. He used to care, but I find he does not even listen anymore. I have been seeing him for 20 years and have never had any issues. Now that I have a few things come up, he brushes them off without any resolution.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014