Ratings for Dr. Vanessa Young

I have been a patient of Dr. Young for many years and find her to be an amazing doctor. She always has time to answer all my questions and shows interest in my family life. I would recommend her to anyone as she gives excellent care.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Dr. Young has been our family doctor for over 6 years and she has always taken the necessary time to effectively listen to our health concerns and thoughtfully answer our questions. She is truly an amazing doctor and a wonderful person. We are so appreciative of her excellent care.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr, Young is an excellent GP. She is caring and thorough. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Only thing she's good for is referrals. Has no knowledge about anything and doesn't care about about injuries or anything else. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

When we moved to Victoria in 1996 my daughter wanted a female doctor. To this day, I count my lucky stars that we found Dr. Vanessa Young. She saved my life by finding my breast cancer very early. My sister in another province was not so blessed. Her cancer was not diagnosed, after many trips to her dr., until it was way to late and after three years of suffering she has since passed away. I have had another major health issue since 1997 and Dr. Young has been so caring and patient with me that in this day and age is unbelievable because of the time constraints put on them per visit. Yes you might have to wait to see her when you go there but , I know that when I get to see her, she will spend the time required with me also. She is worth the wait. I can truly say, if it was not for Dr. Young, I don't think I would be alive right now. She is one amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Young since she came to Victoria. She has been a most excellent Dr. and has always given me the best care. I`m sorry to see the negative reviews about her, as she has been nothing but kind, considerate, professional, and never hesitates to refer me to a specialist when needed. I have multiple health issues which she addresses at each visit. Never rushes me, so I do not mind the wait to see her. My friends always complain that their doctors will only allow them to bring up one health problem for each visit. Not so with Dr. Young. Very happy with her as my Doctor. More people should be so lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Young has been my doctor since 1996. I have always found her extremely helpful, thorough and knowledgeable. She rarely keeps me waiting for more than a few minutes and always takes the time needed to ensure that she has a thorough understanding of my concerns. She refers me to good specialists and for tests and diagnostic procedures whenever I have a problem she cannot diagnose and treat herself. I am very grateful to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

She misdiagnosed my mother who ended up dying of cancer. She laughed at her when she expressed concerns over a lesion on her skin and jokingly said that she was "close to her grave". My mother only lived 8 months after that. If she would have taken her concerns seriously, she may be alive today.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I am very lucky to have an awesome family Dr. I feel well cared for and always listened to. Not easy to find Thanks Dr Young

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Waste of time with a judgemental attitude and god complex.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014