Ratings for Dr. Vanessa Young

Only thing she's good for is referrals. Has no knowledge about anything and doesn't care about about injuries or anything else. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

When we moved to Victoria in 1996 my daughter wanted a female doctor. To this day, I count my lucky stars that we found Dr. Vanessa Young. She saved my life by finding my breast cancer very early. My sister in another province was not so blessed. Her cancer was not diagnosed, after many trips to her dr., until it was way to late and after three years of suffering she has since passed away. I have had another major health issue since 1997 and Dr. Young has been so caring and patient with me that in this day and age is unbelievable because of the time constraints put on them per visit. Yes you might have to wait to see her when you go there but , I know that when I get to see her, she will spend the time required with me also. She is worth the wait. I can truly say, if it was not for Dr. Young, I don't think I would be alive right now. She is one amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Young since she came to Victoria. She has been a most excellent Dr. and has always given me the best care. I`m sorry to see the negative reviews about her, as she has been nothing but kind, considerate, professional, and never hesitates to refer me to a specialist when needed. I have multiple health issues which she addresses at each visit. Never rushes me, so I do not mind the wait to see her. My friends always complain that their doctors will only allow them to bring up one health problem for each visit. Not so with Dr. Young. Very happy with her as my Doctor. More people should be so lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr. Young has been my doctor since 1996. I have always found her extremely helpful, thorough and knowledgeable. She rarely keeps me waiting for more than a few minutes and always takes the time needed to ensure that she has a thorough understanding of my concerns. She refers me to good specialists and for tests and diagnostic procedures whenever I have a problem she cannot diagnose and treat herself. I am very grateful to have her as my GP.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

She misdiagnosed my mother who ended up dying of cancer. She laughed at her when she expressed concerns over a lesion on her skin and jokingly said that she was "close to her grave". My mother only lived 8 months after that. If she would have taken her concerns seriously, she may be alive today.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

I am very lucky to have an awesome family Dr. I feel well cared for and always listened to. Not easy to find Thanks Dr Young

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Waste of time with a judgemental attitude and god complex.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

I found her to be a good doctor overall. However she can be very judgmental and condescending. I understand it can be hard to be empathetic when she has not gone through some of the experiences of her patients, but she should remain non-judgmental and supportive. She could work on giving advice and information in a way that is not condescending.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Good Doctor. Listens well and charts everything. She treats you like an individual; she wants a life update every time I come in. I've never felt rushed during my appointment. Every time I go in she asks if I have had a recent pap test which is very important with cervical cancer and other diseases on the rise.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I am very happy with Dr Young as my Physician...she doesn't just jump for the prescription pad, but suggests alternative solutions and options for problems FIRST! I have friends who had met her while she worked in the clinic, and would love to have her as their physician!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012