Ratings for Dr. Janet S. Stopka

5 stars says it all !!!!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Great dentist! Totally knowledgeable about the dangers of silver fillings and the wisdom of mercury-free dentistry. I travel all the way from Chicago to see her as she's the best dentist I've found in the whole Chicago area.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

This dentist charged me an additional $100 fee (so my initial exam was $220, for one xray and gum probes, no cleaning). This fee was charged because I was concerned about removal of old mercury in my filling. Had I walked in off the street unaware of mercury dangers, I would not have been charged this additional $100. I went in to get a temporary filling filled. She didn't do that, instead she examined tooth and gums. Gave me a $1,600 treatment plan, refused to waive the additional $100 fee when I asked and refused to start treatment based on filling temporary filling first (which I requested), but wanted to wait till the root planing was done first (2 quads. approx. 350.00). Seemed to be competent during exam, however, has rip off additional charge and unwilling to start procedure of greatest importance to patient (filling temporary filling)

flag | Submitted January 21, 2007