Dr. Staley A. Brod

Ratings for Dr. Staley A. Brod

I am a newly minted dentist and I'm scared to death that this new diagnosis will affect my professional life. I have already failed taking two of the injectable drugs for multiple sclerosis. I was very scared about taking oral drug because I've heard so many bad things about them. Although one of the drugs seems to be a little bit dangerous, the other drug seem to have minimal side effects. Dr. Brod was able to explain all this to me. I was very reassured after visiting with him for close to an hour with my mother.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

He was very straightforward and had read the material and it looked the scans I brought with me before he entered the room. He actually already included the important information into his electronic medical record so that we could look at it if necessary in the room while he was examining me. No other physician other hand has been so prepared. He answered all my questions even though I had 12 or 13 questions and he distilled it down to three or so. He got me on a medication I can tolerate and seems to be working. I understand what the plan is finally whereas with other physicians who was unclear other than just take the medicine you'll be fine

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

I had gone to 6-7 doctors about my MS and no one could help. Dr Brod gave me chemotherapy . I was scared about chemotherapy but I did it on his insistence. I had a very good response and tolerated the drugs well. Now I am much improved and on an injectable drug for my MS. Until I saw him, I was getting worse and worse. He helped me a great deal.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

he was very helpful in all aspects. His knowledge about MS was extraordinary. He knew about all the latest studies. He put my mind at ease by reassuring me about my prognosis. See this doc if you have MS!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

How helpful is a specialist that will not explain the lab findings, nor take the time to bring the pertinent medical records that show a 2 year decline in health. He offered no explanation for anything, no definition of the abnormal findings on spinal fluid, and just shrugged his shoulders, said I don't know what to tell you - probably headaches. He was rude, condesending and very into himself. I was in the room with 2 other family members; both medical professionals and their opinion of him was the same; rude, unprofessional, unhelpful, and a complete waste of time. If you want to know if you might have multiple sclerosis - don't ask him!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

He is not a good doctor and, quite frankly, a jerk. He walked into the room and basically said "What are you here for?" instead of hello. He did not look at my paperwork in advance that listed the problems I was having or significant past history and was thus shocked at some of the things I told him. He did not use the software to view the MRI images I brought him correctly and so, as I later found out, he missed major things on them. He also was visibly annoyed at my asking him questions. In addition to this, someone from billing was in the room for my examination to take account of everything he did so that could charge the maximum amount for the visit. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2006

Amazing doctor! This guy is not only a neurologist, but he specializes in M.S. He is very well educated, didn't perform unnecessary tests, and let me know that my condition wasn't serious enough to need further evaluation from him. He explained what was most likely going on with me, and even found the right specialist for me. Can you believe it? I was very impressed! If you do find yourself in need of his services, I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2005

Dr. Staley A. Brod's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1981)