Ratings for Dr. Roger Tom

he is my" family" doctor. when i need to talk, ask questions, voice concerns and at times just get things off my chest he has always listened, answered and when needed shown me empathy and or reassurance . if my ailments require more expertise he refers me to who or where is needed, when a specialists referral requires paper work the office staff gladly take care of everything.. when lab reports come in staff phones to advise me. if i need to see "the doctor" lol......for some it may a clinic / walk in doctor but to me it's my family doctors office and Dr. Tom is my family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

ZERO EMPATHY! Dr Tom Rogers was my first city doctor experience after moving here 2 years ago. I'm an athlete and saw him to requested bloodwork to track my nutritional changes for my training program. He treated me like nothing, cut me off, dismissed my requests for prevention initiatives and was totally condescending. He never introduced himself and as he walked out on me I had to yell twice to get his name so I could tell the Jimmy Pattison centre who I saw so I could book my mammogram. Dr Tom is a horribly burnt out doctor who shows 0% caring towards his patients. Extremely disappointed!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have lost faith in claims due to this incompetant and incosiderate person. He has no empathy. I came in for a i jury related to work and he did not even look at the i jury or hand and just gave me a referal to xrays. Then the second visit with him he did not even look at my injuries or ask questions instead he gives me a referal to physio and tells me if this doesnt fix it he will need to send me for surgery. EXCUSE ME- how can you a) not look at the actual problems and diagnose me b) tell me a diagnosis when you havent even asked me the problem and c) tell me what surgery is needed when you didnt even ask me any questions. He came in the room after a 2 hour wait and spent 2 min. In those two minutes he told me to go to physio and then the surgery. He also walked out and another doctor was asking about how long he would be and he said he was done. How are you done when you dont even know the reason for my visit? I went and got a second opinion and the Dr i went to spent 15 min and he was able to pinpoint what the issue was, the treatment and what i need. He was able to help get me started on treatment!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I absolutely agree with the rest of opinions on here! Because of Dr. Tom I have lost all faith in clinics. I have some medical knowledge and went in , waited over an hour to see him under a blanket shivering, told him even possible kidney, appendix, dropped rib etc, He dismissed me, blank look on his face, rushed, didn't listen, and was a JOKE gave me a note for physical therapy. Then I was rushed to the hospital because I passed a Kidney Stone for Krikey sakes! This Guy is Done, Cooked.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Not very good. Rushes you, cuts you off when you are speaking to where you can't even fully articulate what you are trying to say. Tries to guide the conversation instead of listening to your needs. I get that it's a walk in clinic but it's not a mcdonald's. Most people do not have access to a gp. No one takes new patients anymore. And when they do, it's never in your city or close by. Why should I have to take an hour to two hour trip on transit to have a problem dealt with? He's also trigger happy with the note pad. Wants to prescribe medicine like candy, before ruining tests to see if that's the appropriate medication for you. Just hey, here's some magic beans type of thing. I ended up walking out when it became clear that he wasn't willing to really listen to my patient needs and wasn't interested in supporting me in helping me build a treatment plan for my problem. I felt dismissed and condescended to. The reception staff try their best. I appreciate that they are under considerable strain but sometime their attitudes go too far, and they need to stop asking the purpose of your visit. They are reception and it is none of their business unless they are directly required for assistance. And no, I do not come in often or all the time. between one to three times a year at best. It's frustrating to get proper healthcare in this province.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Horrible doctor zero compassion. Told me to go to my family doctor for care. I tried to explain that my doctor of 25 years retired...he said oh um well find another one. All I wanted was a referral to physio! ! Dr Tom refused me and to top not off I waited over 2 hours.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Aweful!! Misdiagnosed Whether a walk in clinic or not he should take time and listen to people. Staff are rude.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2015

Dr Rodger Tom is an excellent Dr and regardless of the small amount of time he has to deal with each patient he obviously cares about the people he's dealing with. He's knowledgeable and considerate and has helped me with whatever was going on at the time of my visits. The bad reviews for this Dr are because he does not hand out pain medications, so people that are looking for drugs should carry on to another Dr.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

This doctor is quite useless. I wanted to get off my medication, but he told me to wait another year because "we don't get as much sun in Vancouver". Then, he gave me a prescription for only 3 months when I usually get it for 6 months to a year. This walk-in clinic isn't helpful too- quite dirty, always see kids running around, stuff makes you wait while they sit on Facebook. Even when I asked to see another doctor I've seen before, they completely disregarded my wish. Will have to look for another place, but oh Canada.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

for all of you who see "WALK-IN" DOCTORS... keep in mind "that's what they are there for... walk-in and walk-out" its hard to keep up with the high demand of pts that come into the clinic. you give the receptionists a hard time for the wait and god forbid they accidently put someone in ahead of you. we are all human, get over it. as for the doctors, you must understand that they don't have set periods to spend time with you, if you are wanting more time with a doctor I suggest you find one who books half hour sessions. we try our best to help you with your complaints, but you must be patient, the walk in doctors can only do so much for you. accept the fact they are busy, if its extremly emergent than yes by all means take your time if not utilize that time and move on for the next person to get in and out. doctors are here to help you by all means but sometimes they just simply cant its all good just move on to somewere else that's all its not the end of the world people. Dr. Tom ROCKS

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014