Ratings for Dr. Tak Chan

Worst doctor in Toronto, ask the patient stupid and offensive question (such as nose bleeding for example, how much blood, a tea spoon or a bucket?). Wondering how he got his medical licence in the first place...

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

Unfortunately I don't have anything positive to say about this doctor. His knowledge is limited and he is not a good communicator.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

This doctor no help at all and can't answer what you asked

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

he does not give regular physical checks for each year, or every other year. I got my back pain for more than 8 months and he does not agree to give me an exam.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

He does not look at more than one problem at a time so you have to wait 45 minutes to just get one thing looked at, after the 2 minute visit he will almost push you out the door. He doesn't do routine blood pressure or communicate with you, won't even make eye contact. Horrible doctor, has no compassion or desire to actually help people, he's there for the money.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Never does more than one thing a visit, and waiting time is terrible even in the early morning.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Get doctor, despite the reviews on customer service he gets the job done, in and out and very efficient!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

Very unprofessional doctor. The only thing he is interested in is your weight. Otherwise, you can die, he doesn't care. He treats only one problem per visit. I had a terrible eye infection and also needed my usual prescription for high blood pressure. He gave me the prescription and refused to take a look at my eye, urging me to call again for the eye problem. So I had to visit a walk-in clinic. Basically he refused me medical assistance. As a consequence, I filed an official complaint. I think more people would have to do this, in this way we can clean Toronto of such characters who are in this profession for the money, not because of a true vocation. Stay away from this doctor!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

The lady who answers telephones is polite. The problem is the doctor. The only reason he is punctual is because he only looks at one problem per appointment. I had a cold and my blood pressure was 180/135. He prescribed cold medicine then said "I will not look at two things in one appointment.' I was totally out of blood pressure medication, have a history of heart attacks in the family and told him I do not have time to come back within the week. He refused to prescribe blood pressure medication and told me to come back next time. However, next time I would be a spirit visiting him because I'll be dead by then. It is life or death, he chose money from OHIP.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I go to Dr. Tak Chan just because he's close to my house. He's not a good communicator, makes no eye contact, and assumes too much based on his limited knowledge. He has no computer in his office and I believe his knowledge are not up-to-date. Over the years, he related my physical ailments to me being overweight, when there's no evidence to show that that's the actual cause. i.e. acene, stomachache, irritable bowel Stepping on the scale is the first thing he ask you to do with any problem. Until I got a major problem with my bladder and frequent urination. Again, he tells me it's because I'm overweight that my bladder is overeactive. But after seeing a specialist on this issue it's actually because I had UTI and a tight urethra. Dr. Tak Chan gave me the wrong medicine for my bladder and I had to look up on the website to learn that ppl with my problem should NOT take the medicine. He prescribed me the medicine after looking at his 'textbook' for 20 minutes in front of me.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012