Ratings for Dr. Neil Trister

Having read all of the previous comments of Dr. Trister, I must say that many of the criticisms although not wrong, are more an evaluation of his demeanour rather than his medical capabilities. Over 30 years a patient of Dr. Trister, two things have been consistent - his personality and the quality of medical expertise. If you can find a doctor who gives you the medical expertise plus has a welcoming bedside manner, then go for it. Just remember why you chose and need a doctor! If you can see beyond Dr. Trister's demeanour, here is a doctor who cares for your health.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

As an immediate member of Dr. Trister's family, perhaps as adults you should learn to separate job capabilities from personality. This man helped save me when at the depths of despair over medical issues. There's a reason for everything and a love for a desk may be about more than the object itself. Take a look in the mirror first before criticizing.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

My 89 year old mother was a patient of this doctor for approximately 30 years. The day before her appointment, which was to be Jan.3, 2013, his secretary called her to say that he would not see her any longer, as a patient. He gave herthe reason that it had been a couple of years since she had been. I called his office to ask for an explanation and the secretary was very rude and just repeated the same thing. I asked why they had not told us this prior to her appointment. I also explained why she had not been - it was because she was seeing a specialist after having a kidney removed and seeing two doctors was too difficult for her. All she needed from this doctor was a check up for the purpose of renewing her perscriptions. When I spoke to the secretary a second time she said Dr. Trister would renew her perscriptions by phone for a couple of months until she found another doctor. This is also unprofessional, to give the perscriptions without checking her out first. I am appalled.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

Dr. Trister has been my GP for the past 8-10 years. While some of the comments may have some truth to them it does not change the fact that Dr. Trister is an excellent Doctor. I have had two bouts with cancer and he was always there to answer any and all of my questions. Not too many GP's stop by to visit a patient following surgery, however Dr. Trister is one of them. He is kind, caring and extremely knowledgeable. I consider myself to be very privileged to be under his care. My hope is that he will take more time off in order for him to be around for a very very long time.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Horrible horrible doesn't begin to describe this "so called" doctor. He is more than unsympathetic, his bedside manner is intolerable, I cannot believe how his patients put up with his antics. I was unfortunately a patient of his for many years (not easy finding doctors here) until I finally was able to find a new GP in Montreal. Thanks goodness! Trister had misdiagnosed me on several occasions, was brash and terribly mean spirited and is more concerned with the distance between the patient's chair and his ridiculous glass table ... can you say "OCD"?? I would never recommend this doctor and would tell current patients to ensure that they are getting the proper medical care - shame on you Dr Trister, take an anger management course or pop a tranquilizer and stop treating people like second class citizens.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I would seriously recommend that if you can find another doctor then do so. This man is the most unsympathetic self important doctor i have ever seen. He is not my doctor, but a member of my family has been seeing him for years. I try to get my family member to change doctors but it is very hard to find one here in Quebec. This man precribes medication based on descriptions of the conditions over the phone. At that it is his secretary doing the asking of the symptoms. It has happened twice to my family member that they had two different problems and he didn t even have the kindness or professionalism to see them in person. When i went to his office with my family it was if i violated his space and profession. He is very rude , dismissive, arrogant and not willing to listen. I don t know how his secretary puts up with this man.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

He's been my GP for about 18 years. I've always found him to be self important and unsympathetic. I haven't seen him in over two years. I called about 1 1/2 years ago to find out about getting my annual tests done and mentioned that I'd lost a lot of weight and wanted to lose another 20 lbs. I was told to call back when I'd lost the weight. I now have some problems and I don't want to call him. I really do think he only cares about tate damned desk.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. Trister is a unique person. Good at his job but alot to be desired in his bedside manners. He is a good diagnostic and you can rely on his judgement. Very difficult to talk to because he does not allow it. This is too bad. He intimidates you to the point that you swear you will change doctors as soon as you can which is an impossibility these days. I sincerely believe this is an act on his part and is probably a very nice person. I am glad that I read these comments on this site because I thought that I was the only one he treated rudely.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

very knowledgeable in his diagnosis. to the point, has been my dr for 20 years hope for another 20

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

IN A FAMILY THAT HAS KNOW BOTH TRAGEDY AND SICKNESS, NEIL TRISTER HAS NEVER LET US DOWN. HIS EXPERTISE, KNOWLEDGE AND KINDNESS, HAS BEEN A TREMENDOUS CRUTCH TO A FAMILY BROUGHT TO THEIR KNEES. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A PHYSICIAN WHO IS NOT STRAIGHTFORWARD... AND THAT'S WHAT YOU PREFER, YOU HAVE THE WRONG DOCTOR. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR WHO WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH WITHOUT BEATING AROUND THE BUSH...YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE THE INVALUABLE EXPERIENCE THAT HE OFFERS.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009