You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Shirley Gee

Dr. Gee is amazing. Extremely helpful and knowledgable. I think if there were more endocrinologists she wouldn't have such a high workload and I believe that is what sometimes affects her punctuality (not her fault).

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

The doctor herself is awesome, very personable, she seems a little rushed but I don't believe this is her fault. She does the best with what time she is given. I found the doses she was giving me a bit lower than what other people were given for the same treatment, but I'm sure she is just playing it safe to make sure I have as little side effects as possible. Because of recent changes made by Capital Health, registration for appointments is a bit of a pain in the butt. You have to run to a different building, swipe your card, confirm your information and run to another elevator to go to your appointment. There is also a long wait in between appointments, but since she's the only doctor in Nova Scotia (as far as we know) willing to work with trans people, its unavoidable at this point.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2014

Not recommended at all. I was told during my first visit that she would be booking a second appointment in 3 months to adjust my dosage. This never happened. It has now been 6 months, which is highly ireirresponsible, given the nature of the prescription. Instead, I am scheduled for late April. Also, I had a mishap with my prescription and need it refilled, which can only be done by her. That was 2 months ago and I'm still waiting. On top of all that, I wasn't given enough of my prescription to last until my appointment in April; I will run out more the a month beforehand.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I have found Dr. Gee to be a great physician. Although she is busy, I have never felt rushed when I see her. I would recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Pros: fit me in one day without an appointment, called me when i was having an allergic reaction and phoned in a new prescription Cons: didn't forward my blood work to my GP, no one called me back for weeks regarding an appointment, zero follow up.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Gee was two hours late for my appointment. She is suppose to be watching me for hormones and blood sugars and when I asked about my blood sugars she openly said she hadn't been testing for this. She mumbles quite a bit and contemplates what she's going to do with you. She asked if I would like to try a new treatment I agreed and then she decided she wasn't going to put me on it and referred me to someone else! Very disappointing, I felt rushed and uncared for.. too bad there's not enough doctors around to get another opinion, I wouldn't dare wait another year just for another referral.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

I love Dr Gee...shes a treasure to the trans community and very supportive and understanding of us.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

As Nova Scotian's have come all firmilar with is cost cutting Health care, Doc's do not have much to do with---- Visits, punctuality,timing is all about $ .She is very knowledgeable and wise about Type 1 and thyroid-ism ,she is supportive and always listens to my concerns, I am the only Islet Cell recipient in the Province of Nova Scotia ,she really understood why I choose this option for me. Being hypoglycemic unawareness and brittle control, now after 9 mths and still alive so far so good. I've had some amazing Endocrinologist for the past 24 + yrs Dr Ming tan/ Dr Schlossberg she ranks up to them for me .

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr Gee has never had any trouble remembering me, or my issues. She is very helpful, and obviously knows her stuff. Love her!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

I waited six months to be seen. But there are few Endocrinologists so that was expected. Referred due to thyroid issues. I had seen her in the past (twice) for diabetes. She had no recollection of these meetings. But even when I previously saw her she could not remember me between appointments. She came in quoting studies,talking directly to her resident and taking forever to get to the bottom line. She dismissed a lot of recent research regarding thyroid issues - but there was no time for discussion. Even when I pointed out my improvement with thyroid medication (shown in my bloodwork) she said that the improvement was most likely in my head! (she actually said placebo) but that didn't make sense. A very disappointing visit. She appeared annoyed and short when I continued to ask questions - I couldn't believe the reception I received. I am a healthcare professional and she showed NO compassion or empathy. Terrible. I will be seeking a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr. Shirley Gee's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gee is amazing. Extremely helpful and knowledgable. I think if there were more endocrinologists she wouldn't have such a high workload and I believe that is..."

October 5, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.protravelnetwork.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "B3H0" to "60425". Address has been updated from "None" to "1018 East 192nd Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17087574034".

June 4, 2015