Ratings for Dr. M Namazi

This incompetent, unfriendly, uncaring in the extreme doctor was the only doctor available for my quadriplegic family member, because he lives in a poorly-run care facility called Gerorge Pearson. While the nurses tend to be most excellent, and there are some very nice, wise, and caring staff there - under the "directorship" of Romilda Ang - and, astonishingly her own sister, hired as her assistant - ("way to go" Vancouver Coastal Health!) - Dr. Namazi was "the only game in town" - there have been many horrific incidents while my family member was there - we asked politely for years - until finally, we couldn't take it anymore, and filed a formal complaint - upon which, Dr. M. Namazi became what can only be described as vindictive. She cut our famly member's pan medicines in half, she put (him) on an antidepressent that is RED-FLAGGED as DANGEROUS to use n conjuncton wth other meds he's on, and ORGANGE-FLAGGED for dangerous interactions with the rest of hs medications! Our loved one was very vocal about not wanting to go on antidepressants - and did not even know she's snuck it in there - until he stayed home overnight and it was discovered. When he asked to be tapered off, cold-turkey's what he got - and more UTTER AGONY. Our loved one put us on speaker phone and we HEARD her threatening this quadriplegic person with "cutting him off ALL" his meds! All because she sad he was "yelling because (a) he was in a panic because he was woken up 15 mins before his HandiDart was to arrive - (b) he had something lodged in his ear (THAT issue too many months of requests to get resolved!) We were not an intrusive family. The first call we ever made to her, over a year after she became his doctor, she got mad and snapped "don't call this number" (the only number available for her) and insisted we leave notes at the nurse's desk . She just doesn't have the patience, the empathy, and the bedside manner to be dealing with spinal cord injury persons and their families - any SCI doctor needs that extra skill of being able to talk with families after such a traumatic injury.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

This very unknowledgeable doctor was put in care of my quadriplegic brother...it was his second day of being transferred to the George Pearson Spinal Rehab Hospital, from the excellent GF Strong Spinal Rehab...all he has is a head and a heart - he is completely paralyzed from the neck down - this "doctor" left him without the pain medicine he has been on for A YEAR, she wrote "PRN" whereas he has been getting that medicine every four hours (in addition to long-acting) - so, the poor nurses hands are tied, and my brother is IN AGONY - I cannot be there, as I'm across-country right now, he's alone...she won't be back for 24 hrs. and I can't reach her... - so he was able to tell me now that he is "in agony"...what kind of a "doctor" would leave a quadriplegic in agony...she is so daft that she hasn't actually SPOKEN to his previous caregivers at GF Strong because if she had, she would have known that his pain "breakthrough" meds. are not "PRN"!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Dr Namazi is an excellent doctor..her main receptionist ( Kelly) is awesome..

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

Dr. Namazi is the most knowledgeable doctor that I have ever seen.She is so kind and gives you peace of mind.I love her dearly.She has been my family doctor since 2003.I am so lucky to have her as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I used to really like her, but she is always very late: if you have a fifteen minute appointment, make sure you book three hours off work. You wait for forty-five minutes in the waiting room and another 30 minutes in her examining room. Then, after you've waited all that time, she rushes through your appointment, during which she's condescending and preoccupied. Ultimately, she just doesn't listen. Where are all the good doctors? Do they exist?

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I would not recommend this doctor, my experience is not a very good one. Second time I went to see her she did not even remember me when I went to see her with my baby. What kind of doctor is that that she does not remember her patients? Not caring I would say. Also she was very late for the appointment. I can understand that she is busy but at least she could have apologized for being late as we all understand unexpected circumstances that can happen.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

I can't remember the last time I saw this doctor and did not have to wait at least 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment. This time it was 1.5 hours. I wish I could charge for my waste of time.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

An excellent, caring, professional doctor. I always feel secure in her care. When she is late, I know it is because of other patients and the very busy clinic she is working in. Part of the downfalls of our healthcare system.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2010

She always seems preoccupied and a bit aloof. She seems not to be listening--it's as though she's always thinking about something else and can't really be bothered. Her main assistant is very nice and helpful, but the rest of the staff is borderline rude (again, they seem as though they can't be bothered with patients: they'd rather joke around with each other).

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

She may be a good doctor, but it's very hard to get an appointment. The staff is very unfriendly at the phone. Also appointments done months in advance are bumped in 48h, not leaving many options.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010