Ratings for Dr. Jane Alabaster

10 minutes late for appointment after coming into waiting room at appointment time to discuss the new chair layout with the receptionist. Issue was constipation of my 16 month old son, but she spent more time discussing benefits of breastfeeding for up to three years and how formula is closest to breastmilk and superior to cows milk. No connections made to constipation issue. Ultimately told me to just keep giving him daily laxatives and push fluids, despite vomitting and undigested food in diaper. Unknowledgeable about paediatric health. Had to tell her the solution was not acceptable and insisted on a referral to pediatrician. She told me this would take time and that I should have gone to emergency. Complete waste of time and resources.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

She was wonderful and genuine when I took my daughter to the after hours clinic. Lovely bedside manner and very comforting... did not rush us and answered all of our questions. Really good with children.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I was fortunate enough to have had Dr. Alabaster assess my daughter at the after hours clinic. She was on time, lovely to speak with and clearly knowledgeable. As a health care worker myself I find myself critical of poor service and I can honestly say she was excellent start to finish. I am thankful to have had her taking care of my family in the absence of our regular physician.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

I was grateful to have seen Dr. Alabaster at the After Hours Clinic. She was extremely warm, thoughtful and didn't hesitate to answer all of my questions, which were many. I was so impressed that she listened to me and validated my concerns with sited research from a women's health perspective. She did suggest acupuncture as a complimentary treatment along with traditional medicine. I very much appreciate this thorough and comprehensive approach to health care and hope to become a regular patient of hers.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

I find Dr. Alabaster to be pleasant, thorough and takes the time to answer your questions. The support staff, for the most part, are obnoxious. The young woman who took my blood pressure clearly has work burn-out. If you don't enjoy working with people, might I suggest another field...parking lot attendant?

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I had to deal with her once and found her eerily disturbing. she went front kindly pleasant to down right narcissistic and bent on trying to have control and power over things that have no connection to my medical problems. When she doesn't get her way, exactly her way she becomes bent on almost revenge like qualities. I wouldn't put my worst enemy in her care. If there was ever a doctor that needs to change professions its her. it shows how nasty she is by the way she was a doctor to an acupuncturist. that is a slow decline into madness kind of like being a doctor in modern times and downgrading to a mock doctor with shamanistic beliefs. health conscious people beware...seriously, beware this she beast of yore.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Dr. Alabaster is not my regular family MD, but my daughter saw her for an appointment as she is in the same clinic. She was Excellent. She was thorough, kind, and knowledgeable and she follows up. I would not hesitate to have her as a Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Very caring doctor with attention to detail - calm and approachable

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I was shocked when I came on here and saw all the negative reviews. She is my sisters family doctor and she has always said such great things and has gone in extreme detail and testing to try and find out what's wrong with her. I have been having numerous medical issues and have been experiencing a horrible pregnancy. My sister inquired about acupuncture and pregnancy and Dr Alabaster said call her up and see if she can come in. She took me in on a day she doesnt usually do acupuncture and she was very knowledgable and seened genuinely concerned for me. She was sympathetic and even let me talk about my stress and offered solutions (which she totally didn't have to do). She had a very gentle and calming nature to her and I was very relaxed at the end of my session. It was a great experiance

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr.Alabaster, as part of a group of local GPs, was working at the after-hours clinic providing weekend service to our community. She quickly verfied that I was not uncomfortable, diagnosed me and explained the implications of my injury and the desirability of prompt advanced treatment. She was extremely helpful in her advice and diligent in her assistance in the furtherance of my treatment, and she is much appreciated.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014