Ratings for Dr. David Siambanes

Excellent surgeon with an outstanding bedside manner!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I am a patient of Dr. Siambanes! He performed my scoliosis surgery August 2015. I was petrified but after meeting with him and knowing his capabilities, I was no longer scared. In all honesty, he changed my life. My posture is straight, my spine is straight, and I have no pain. He's incredible! He's very helpful and caring about every patient he has. One of the best surgeons in Florida if not the nation... GO to Dr. Siambanes! I am eternally grateful for what he did for me!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr. Siambanes is an unbelievably talented doctor and surgeon with a wonderful personality and bedside manner! He makes you feel comfortable and confident in his abilities. We were so lucky to find him. He is the BEST scoliosis surgeon. He completely changed my life. I would 100% recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

When you first meet Dr. Siambanes, he comes across serious and stern. Know he is thinking deeply about your child You want this. Our son needed extensive reconstructive surgery on both legs/ankles/feet. We are so fortunate to find Dr. S. In fact, our son sees many peds specialists; all recommended him. He is superior in his field. Our son had to use a wheelchair for the last 6 years and because of Dr. Siambanes he is walking again!This is a gift beyond measure and we are eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Dr. Siambanes performed both of my scoliosis surgeries a month ago. Before choosing him as my surgeon, we met with 2 other orthopedic surgeons; however Dr. Siambanes came highly recommended. All I can say is that I couldn't be any happier. He's an amazing surgeon with gifted hands. My spine looks amazing and the couldn't have received better care from him and his team. Gary, his PA was very caring, sweet and helpful. I would be proud to recommend him to anybody needing an orthopedic surgeon!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I took my son to see Dr. Siambanes. I was highly disappointed in the care we received. I took my son to an Urgent Care where they took mediocre x-rays. I was then informed that he needed to see a pediatric ortho and that it looked like he had broken his growth plate. I took my son along with the x rays. He took a quick glance at them and said "well I'm not sure if he broke anything, but let's go ahead and put him in a full leg cast just in case. We will put a walking pad onto the bottom so he will still be able to walk some." I don't know who in their right mind would put a full length cast on a 2yr old unless it was absolutely necessary... I ended up having to drive over an hour and a half for a second opinion. This doctor did exactly what Dr. Siambanes should have done. She took the time to take proper x rays that were much more defined and readable. She was able to detect the compression fracture in his growth plate right away. She put him into a walking boot which was a much better option than a full leg cast with a walking pad. I explained to her how Dr. Siambanes handled the situation and she was dumbfounded that he wanted to cast something he wasn't even sure was broken. Even more dumbfounded that he relied on the mediocre x rays and didn't attempt to take another set. All in all I was charged just shy of $250 for a 2 min office visit that was highly uninformative and highly unprofessional. I hope that this may have been an abnormal situation and everyone else is receiving the proper care that they deserve. If you take anything from this don't let anyone treat you or your child if you have any doubt on the doctors prognosis. Get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

My son was involved in a horrific traffic accident in which he sustained a major spinal compression fracture in which the spine was shattered leaving little to work with. We were told by the Trauma physicians that he would never walk again. Dr. Siambanes literally performed a miracle the next day. His compassion and caring was beyond words. Medicine is not an exact science so regrettably there may be some who do not achieve the full results they desire. But not for lack of skill, effort, passion, or caring on the part of Dr. Siambanes. It has been years since the surgery and he still remains very open and accessible to questions we might have about our son and his surgery. You will not find a better overall spinal surgeon anywhere. Perfection belongs only to God, Dr. Siambanes humbly strives for nothing short of perfection and no one strives harder to achieve it.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

We saw Dr Siambanes on a Friday where he said my daughter may need surgery for her 45 degree scoliosis curve. The very next Monday his staff called to make an appointment. They continued to call throughout the next few days hurrying us to make an appointment for the surgery. Get a second opinion! We have seen two other MDs who both agreed that she is finished growing and since she is not experiencing any pain, there is not any need to subject her to this very invasive surgery. Be careful - it appears that Dr Siambanese may be quick to operate.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Our 12 year old daughter was diagnosed with severe scoliosis in the summer of 2010 ~ we tried the Schroth physical therapy Method, chiropractic care, yoga for scoliosis, she wore a SpineCor brace 20 hours everyday & her scoliosis kept getting worse. We were sent to an orthopedic surgeon & left his office in tears and confused... After speaking to another mother of a scoliosis child we called and made an appointment with Dr. Siambanes ~ he made her feel comfortable, hopeful, gave all the time and attention we needed ~ excellent caring staff! The surgery went just as he said it would, we were scared beyond belief, but we had hourly updates from the O.R. and excellent hospital care. Our daughter is 7 weeks post op and she is back to school ~ not in pain, just a bit sore or stiff. She was corrected from t3 to L3 & barely has a scar ~ she is happy with the outcome and we feel blessed to have been told about Dr. Siambanes.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Siambanes gave my daughter a new life. She has had two surgeries with him, one spinal fusion for scoliosis and one hip surgery that allieviated all the daily pain she was having that was ruining her life. Not only is he fantastic in the operating room but he is a very caring person as well. I am so pleased with the outcome of my daughters surgeries and so glad we chose him to do them.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011